Support New music not picked up by the default media player

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Clocks, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Clocks

Clocks Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    I keep all of my music and podcasts (which i copy/paste manually from my computer) on the internal storage.

The last 2 weeks when I copy/pasted my new podcasts over for my regular 5 hour weekend drive, the podcasts dont show up anywhere in the default media player. I have to use Astro to find the file and select it from there.

What am I doing wrong/how do I fix this?

Advertisement

2. Clocks

Clocks Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Any ideas on this?

It keeps doing it, and it really makes it a PITA to switch podcasts while driving (since I have to navigate through astro file manager to find the music files and play them?).

3. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA)
    VIP Member

What directory are you keeping them in?

4. narf

narf Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    I had this issue as well. Try storing in the default Mp3 directory and then soft reset your phone. Hope this helps!

5. Clocks

Clocks Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Thanks for the idea, but it didn't fix it.

I even tried copying the folder back to my computer, deleting the music folder on my Inc, restarting the Inc, then copying the music back right into the stock /MP3 directory. No podcasts show up.

20 CDs I ripped show up, other random audio files (a white noise mp3, the geico ringtone from the commercial) show up in the media player just fine. But any podcasts I copy over simply arent there. I ensured the files are tagged even so that artist and title were populated, still nothing on the Inc.