New N1 - apps account or gmail account?

Last Updated:

1. Bigscout79

Bigscout79 Member This Topic's Starter

I just received my Nexus One - will be hooking it up with TMobile tonight.

I have an apps account that is my primary everything. I also have a gmail account that just forwards all email to apps. But my picasa and googleTalk are on the gmail account.

I don't know what account to make my primary and am looking for some guidance. Is it easy to switch back and forth? I prefer my apps account for contacts etc but I think I will like the googletalk and other aspects of a vanilla gmail account.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. fangorious

fangorious Guest

I must disclose that I have a MyTouch rather than a Nexus, but when you activate the phone you have to sing in with one or the other and AFAIK you must reset the phone to factory state to change that account. I know that the gmail app on 2.1 can support multiple accounts, but haven't heard anything about talk (or calendar) supporting any account other than the activation account. My assumption is that picasa will just use your activation account too. So I would suggest signing on with your gmail account, and then if necessary adding the apps account in the gmail app.

3. Bigscout79

Bigscout79 Member This Topic's Starter

10-4 Thanks. I'll do some more reading or just reset it if I have to - nothing on it yet anyhow :)

Looking forward to this.