New Nexus 10 user checking in- Got Kindle App, how to I add PDF and Mobi from hard drive?General

1. ZYZZBIRD

ZYZZBIRD New Member

My wife has a lot of mobi and pdf files on the computer we want to add to our new nexus. I do not have them on my kindle cloud storage to transfer over when I got the kindle app on my nexus. Is there a way to do this? I am an ipad user so the nexus interface is kind of messing me up.

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

Hi ZYZZBIRD, welcome to AF! :)

If you open the kindle app and choose settings, you'll see a "Send to Kindle email address". If you use the email address tied to your Amazon account and send the mobi files to that address, they'll appear on your kindle.
  3. jhonb

jhonb Well-Known Member

Also, there is a great program you can put on your computer called "Send to Kindle" After it is installed, you just right click on the file you want and choose "Send to Kindle" and it will send it over the wifi to your device.
  4. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

Or you could just do what I do, which is plug up via USB, create a new folder on the root of your device named kindle, and drag and drop all the .mobi files into that folder. Reboot your device and when you start the app there they are.