New Nexus jitters~

Last Updated:

1. Rossforney

Rossforney Member This Topic's Starter

I'm getting a Nexus one for my birthday in the beginning of June. I'm on T-Mobile and was completely not familiar with the Android market before I bought my Mytouch 3G in October last year. I have since become a huge fan of the platform and am excited to get the Nexus one.
    My concern is that I bought my Mytouch with terrible timing! As most on this site know Android 2.x was released 3 months later and I was left with no way of getting an upgrade to my software without voiding warranty and the risk of bricking my phone! And I had already extended my contract! Had I known that the entire platform was up for a revamp I'd have waited and upgraded then!
    I justified my situation by telling myself that I would be patient and wait a few months until Nexus had a chance to work out any bugs and am finally ready to pull the trigger out-of-pocket, no plan extension, retail cash purchase the new phone.
    I've been reading a lot about all the new Evo's and Incredibles popping up everywhere and rumors of Froyo 2.2 and Flash 10.1 and just want to make sure I wont be left in the dust again! I'm sure the Nexus is a great phone and will still be cutting edge for a while but the innovation in the market all happens so fast.
    Is there any major changes coming to Nexus that I should hold off and wait for? (Froyo ect) or does Nexus OTA everything like that?

Advertisement
  2. spectackulous

spectackulous New Member

The nexus one is THE google phone. It's their baby, and everything about that phone is monitored directly through google. So when there's updates, the nexus one will be the first one to get it.

When froyo is released, the nexus one will definitely have an update for it immediately

HotGhettoMess and Rossforney like this.