New Nexus One Owner

Last Updated:

1. Gib

Gib New Member This Topic's Starter

I am new to Android.

I was hovering over all the options for phones in early December when I joined Android Forums and reading messages here was a factor in my deciding to go Android.

I bought the Nexus One a few days after release. I wanted to make sure there weren't any major hiccups. I saw the Edge / 3G issues, but skimmed all the various fora and saw not one single complaint from Los Angeles (where I live).

I am a Mac person by choice (25 years), but have trained people on PCs in corporate environments in three countries and three languages (15 years).

I blog and will have some Android / Nexus One tips sometime soon.

I had BlackBerry handsets for almost ten years, paid for by my last two jobs.

Giving up the BlackBerry Curve for the Nexus One was a great decision, but I still had to go through what I call migration malaise. A good deal of this is due to my training people on BlackBerry handsets for so many years professionally.

My current big dream for Android is that we will all get something akin to the integration of social networks and messaging that is available through MotoBlur, Raechel on the Xperia X10 line, and the Friendstream on the upcoming Sense UI.

My other big dream for Android is something that works as great as Swype, but also incorporates auto text entries and predictive text. Not sure how that would work, but a guy can dream, eh?

:)

Advertisement
  2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

welcome to the forums, glad to have ya aboard!

3. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

5. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF! :D