New Nexus To Be Released In October (Rumor)TGeneral

1. adiqayum

adiqayum Active Member

There's a new rumor going on around the blogosphere that the new Nexus will be released within the next 30 days. The device is speculated to be unveiled at the Dive Into Mobile All Things D event. The OS is android key lime pie. It's a rumor though.

Advertisement
    :
  2. malcster

malcster Well-Known Member

3. NaterTots

NaterTots Well-Known Member

I read today that it may be a version of JB. Probably 4.2.2
    Also I read that the LG E960 may be the phone.

Sooo many rumours.:rolleyes:

Some think it will be a 5" display HTC.

We'll find out soon though.;)

Naters
  4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I would love for it to be another HTC nexus.

Sammy doesn't get my $$ ;)
  5. Rxpert83

I also doubt it would be klp this early after jb
    NaterTots likes this.
  6. sperho

sperho Well-Known Member

All I know, I won't be buying a 5" screened phone unless I get my fingers surgically lengthened. Not interested in anything larger than the current SGN. In fact, I would LOVE if someone put the exact same size screen of the current SGN in a near side bezel-less case.
  7. Ibrick

Ibrick Well-Known Member

If LG re-badges the Optimus G as a Nexus I'll be all over it.

Not a fan of LG, but they can build a beast when they want to, and that thing is the most impressive phone to date IMO.
  8. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

I SERIOUSLY don't think we could get this close without a leak...

IF there is something near , near means December...

either way I'm a VZW, person and I doubt they'll be another VZW nexus :(
  9. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

i agree with the above for the most part. I just don't see it happening and if it does happen it will feel as though it's rushed to me. I realize that there has been a new Nexus typically every year but after this G Nex VZW debacle i just don't have a lot of faith in the situation. I definitely don't see another CDMA G Nex happening.
  10. HuskyKMA

HuskyKMA Well-Known Member

After waiting two months for the SGN to actually be released after it was announced, I'm skeptical to say the least.

I think I could do a 5" phone, but not bigger. I'd need to handle one quite a bit before pulling the trigger to make sure. The 4.65" on the SGN is just about perfect.
  11. GrenW

GrenW Well-Known Member

So true. The GNex screen is a stretch for me but just possible to use one handed. Same screen, less bezel would be the perfect next phone. Anyway my contract has another year so will be skipping this round of Nexus :(
  12. charliecc

charliecc Well-Known Member

13. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Since forums are sorted by manufacturer, it would be a challenge to create new Nexus device forums before we know who all's making what. I will, however, forward your request for an Samsung Galaxy Nexus Plus forum, since that seems to be the best scenario so far :)
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  14. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

15. joesixpack

joesixpack Well-Known Member

All I know is that if this means the developers out there get ahold of a new or upgraded OS, then we'll get ROMs of it that much sooner. ALL HAIL THE DEVELOPER UNIVERSE!
  16. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

I guarantee that Key lime pie isn't coming out within a month. That's ridiculous. JB just came out and most devices don't even have it yet. Not to mention that Google has said that they are slowing the pace of release on OS's.
  17. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Yeah the rumors are just all over the place. I just wished we knew for sure if its going to be 5 or just one Nexus device.
  18. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

We already got a new Nexus this year. It's called the Nexus 7. That was the development platform for JB.

I have a hard time believing we'll be getting KLP so soon. Anything is possible, but you'd generally see leaks starting 6 mos ahead of time.
  19. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

Android 101:

1.) Nothing happens fast
    2.) Nothing is as it seems
    3.) Initial release date rumors are never right
    4.) Dates change like underwear for a multitude of reasons we will never know.
    5.) No date is firm until there's an official announcement.

There's a reason for the broad skepticism, we've been through this before and we're becoming wise to the ways of Android. :smokingsomb:
    CodeMonkey likes this.
  20. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

5a) And even the official date is subject to change... MANY TIMES :rolleyes:

Heaven knows we found that out in the epic thread, didn't we?
  21. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

Indeed we did. That thread was the quintessential example of those bullet points. :D
  22. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Well-Known Member

Hopefully multi carriers cause I have the Sprint Version...besides Tmo they the only carrier who fits my budget even though they network sucks at the worst times it seems which is usually all the time lol

OAN: They release KLP.....people will be _(insert choice word)_
  23. Rxpert83

If we had a new forum created for every rumored phone there would be madness.

Yes, a new nexus will come, but let's wait for solid details first
  24. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I'm finding it hard to accept these rumors to be honest. Seems to be way too quiet compared to the last one...