• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New note 7 arrive in US by 9/21

Just praying mine doesnt blow up before then. I have no other option to switch to in the meantime.
I am going to get online chatting with verizon soon to see if theyll mail me one. As I said in another thread, I want to have plenty of time with both phones in hand to copy all of my personalization settings that wont transfer through smart switch.

Upvote 0
I was told tonight that I could have it mailed if I didn't want to deal with the store. And after all the run around I got trying to get a temporary replacement...which I never got, I prefer NOT to deal with the store.
From a Verizon rep or Samsung rep.. Just wondering. Because I too would rather have mine mailed to my home. Would be easy.

Upvote 0
From a Verizon rep or Samsung rep.. Just wondering. Because I too would rather have mine mailed to my home. Would be easy.
I'm betting the VZW Manager made this special offer only to kokiangel because they were all scared S***less after her numerous calls to them and if she had to come into their store to pick up her Note 7 replacement they were in fear of getting their backsides whooped.
spank.gif
giggle.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
C'mon kokiangel, your modesty is astounding!

Why I bet the CPSC was getting worried about you going Postal on them if they created an unsubstantiated delay of your receiving a new Note 7. They probably called Samsung and told them, "Whatever it takes - just get them into the US pronto and we'll look the other way. The 1st issue needs to be sent to kokiangel on Android Forums ASAP!".

What other reason could there be that all of a sudden the CPSC does this about face?

Reactions: valglbgl
Upvote 0
Funny I was thinking do I go to the store or have my phone mailed to me. Pictured myself in the store for hours trying to tweak it. Definitely having it mailed!..One other thing, had everybody decided to buy a completely different phone there sure are a lot of memory cards and Fit bracelets out there for free (just got my card Friday).

Upvote 0
Verizon is making me go to the store. They will not mail me. Last time I checked my time is worth more than $25.
That would make sense just to avoid any liability of having defective phones floating around. I haven't checked if I could have it mailed to me. Just assumed it. Though you have to sign for it which means waiting around all day or missing the delivery like I did and picking it up at FedEx.

Upvote 0
That would make sense just to avoid any liability of having defective phones floating around. I haven't checked if I could have it mailed to me. Just assumed it. Though you have to sign for it which means waiting around all day or missing the delivery like I did and picking it up at FedEx.
You can pre-sign for FedEx. Just an FYI.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones