• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help new notifacation tones

fordmax

Lurker
Nov 24, 2011
could some body please tell me how to put a new notifacation tone on my san francisco have tried adding a new foldernames media/audio/ringtones on to the sd card but still cannot get the tone i want to show up in the list of notifacation tones,can get it in ringtones
any help please & thank you in advance

Welcome to AF! :)

If you create a folder called notifications on the root of your SD Card, that should do it.

Hi, I'm new, no REALLY new, have read the above and it went WHOOSH straight past. I have the same tone for texts and email collection (well everything) so I barely get the chance to put the darn thing down and "root of SD CARD" ???? sorry me no comprendo. I can find the SD Card contents and move apps back and forward but that is as far as it goes. How does someone (lets say your grandad) get a different sound for texts to email ? :(
Thanks in anticipation....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones