• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Notification Look on 5.0 Update- HATE IT

pinkybrain

Sep 12, 2012
I just updated my phone to 5.0 and now if I click on the button to turn on the screen, I see the big rectangle notifications of missed call, voicemail, wifi, etc…It used to show the little icon at the very top on a missed call, voicemail and then you had to swipe down to see the notifications. I liked that much better because now it’s constantly cluttered with notifications. Is there a way to change this

I just updated my phone to 5.0 and now if I click on the button to turn on the screen, I see the big rectangle notifications of missed call, voicemail, wifi, etc…It used to show the little icon at the very top on a missed call, voicemail and then you had to swipe down to see the notifications. I liked that much better because now it’s constantly cluttered with notifications. Is there a way to change this

bound to be.... I saw you post there earlier but I did not have 5.0 at the time.

Now, my Verizon has the dread flop os on it, but I do not have that notification bar you speak of... I must have found a way to get rid of it.

I am using Nova Prime Launcher, and it offers up a lot of customizations for us. Why not install Nova launcher and see if that helps you out? There is a free version you can try out.

* Nova Launcher - Android Apps on Google Play

all I get is the Blue Blinking Light that lets me know something is there. If the phone is close, I will hear the notify sound..... when I first hit the Home Button, all I see is the lock screen with the Date and time which I purposely put there.

then I swipe the screen, pull down the Notification panel and look to see what came in.
MacroDroid can help extend battery life
MacroDroid senses Screen off, turns Wifi & Data OFF
MacroDroid senses Screen UnLock, turns Data ON
PureVPN when using a public WiFi

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones