• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New NPS software - 1.3.0.vIJ1

One question for those who have upgraded with IJ1 and you have no more updates...

Which is the message that NPS says when you have no updates?

The reason I'm asking this is cause I'm from Spain (and my 7500 too) and the older NPS version always said "device not supported" but this new version says something diferent but similar.

IJ1 in english language says me something like "this device is not supported. No updates are supported." but in spanish it says something like "not supported. No more updates available."

I want to know if my spanish phone is still "not supported" or it "means no updates available".

So... what's your message? thanks

Note: I don't know what is samsung doing but in samsungmobile.es IJ1 does not appear and NPS didn't detect the update. I installed from an exe and everithing went fine. My phone came with H2 and has FOP CSC

Upvote 0
When I install the NPC in my Win7 x64, the instalation shows that was problems with driver.

Anyone in here had that problem ?

Yeah you'll get a load of errors. Just click past them. Turn usb debugging on and plug the phone in. You'll need to point it to c:\program files\samsung\nps\usb drivers and it should find the drivers.

NPS update will work on win 7 (it did for me on win7 with the very first NPS and FF -> G8).

Upvote 0
Some info that might interest people,

I just got my Samsung i7500 Galaxy phone from O2 UK online 2 weeks ago (Fri 2nd Oct)
and after reading this thread this morning I checked my firmware and it seems my phone shipped with this new firmware already installed.

PDA:I7500XXII4
Phone:I7500XXII4
CSC:I7500O2UII3

I already had the switchers app when I got the phone but didn't think of checking my firmware until this morning when I read through this thread.

I haven't tried the Samsung software that came with my phone yet, I've just copied my stuff straight to the sd memory using windows explorer.

Upvote 0
I also just bought a Galaxy from O2. i also have:

is this one of the versions that has the problems with battery life and the keyboard lock? if so, i'd like to upgrade before i put anything on the phone. problem is, there are so many versions, how do u know which versions contain what? here is one list i saw:
CSC Firmware
I7500BOGIG8 I7500XXIG8
I7500ITVIH2 I7500XXIH7
I7500MSRIG6 I7500XXIG8
I7500O2UIG5 I7500XXIG8
I7500O2UII3 I7500XXII4
I7500TWOIG6 I7500XXIG8
I7500VIAIH4 I7500XXIH8
I7500VIAII5 I7500XXII5

should everyone who bought from o2 select the 4th or 5th item above since it has "O2U" in the CSC name? what is the significance of "G", "H", or "I" in the next to last byte? does the first item, with both names ending in "8", contain more fixes than the others?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I also just bought a Galaxy from O2. i also have:

is this one of the versions that has the problems with battery life and the keyboard lock? if so, i'd like to upgrade before i put anything on the phone. problem is, there are so many versions, how do u know which versions contain what? here is one list i saw:
CSC Firmware
I7500BOGIG8 I7500XXIG8
I7500ITVIH2 I7500XXIH7
I7500MSRIG6 I7500XXIG8
I7500O2UIG5 I7500XXIG8
I7500O2UII3 I7500XXII4
I7500TWOIG6 I7500XXIG8
I7500VIAIH4 I7500XXIH8
I7500VIAII5 I7500XXII5

should everyone who bought from o2 select the 4th or 5th item above since it has "O2U" in the CSC name? what is the significance of "G", "H", or "I" in the next to last byte? does the first item, with both names ending in "8", contain more fixes than the others?

Thanks!
there is not much difference between ii4 and ii5 other than the keyboard afaik
getting hold if ii4 was important as if for any reason any of us wanted to give the device back or had a problem we could flash it back to the o2 uk csc version and they would be none the wiser. it also means if we want to get future updates we can flash from our custom roms back to the csc and well be able to receive the latest o2 uk csc via nps.
II5 is the latest one doing the rounds and it has the same lock button wierdness that ii4, h6, g8 had. the only ones that had the lock sorted was h7 and h8 which are bot ok with battery but not as efficient as the i4 and i5 it seems.

if i were you i would stay on the CSC and if you want improvements get odin and get on the new compcache galaxo/galaxhero rom as its amazing

Upvote 0
I7500BOGIG8 I7500XXIG8

BOG - region
BOG - Bogues telecom, france
ITV - Italy
MSR - Malaysia?
O2U - O2, uk
TWO - Not sure
VIA - O2, Germany

G - Month of build, A= january, B = Feburary and so on. So I=September
8 - is the build number.

And a special build date of FF is used for the very first firmware released on the galaxy.

Upvote 0
Is anyone else still having problems, or am I just doing something daft!!

Im am o2 UK user, phone is running H6 version which Ive not changed at any point.

I can download and install the new NPS fine, version number matches with this thread.... but then I still have no options to upgrade.
Phone is still not recognised when I go through the update icon, on the "communicator" page.

What am I missing?? Where should i be looking to upgrade??

Thanks

Upvote 0
It worked! Glad Samsung finally sorted that out!

Has anyone else noticed that if you long press the Abc button on the new keyboard you can change the input method to a 12 keypad. Was that there before the update? If it was i never noticed it and have been using other keyboard apps just for that feature lol.

Upvote 0
Can anyone upload the NPS file anywhere ? Im trying to download it from the above link but it's been at it for 3 hours now and i've only got 5mb.

Maybe samsung are cutting costs again and implemented the 28.8 modems in case too many people want their phones to work properly.

*sheesh*

Anyway, thanks if you can, np if not.

cheers

Upvote 0
Is anyone else still having problems, or am I just doing something daft!!

Im am o2 UK user, phone is running H6 version which Ive not changed at any point.

I can download and install the new NPS fine, version number matches with this thread.... but then I still have no options to upgrade.
Phone is still not recognised when I go through the update icon, on the "communicator" page.

What am I missing?? Where should i be looking to upgrade??

Thanks

You need to make sure usb mass storage only is unselected.

Go......

-Settings
-About phone
-Additional settings

Uncheck Mass storage only.

Then try again and it should let you update.

Upvote 0
Can anyone upload the NPS file anywhere ? Im trying to download it from the above link but it's been at it for 3 hours now and i've only got 5mb.

Maybe samsung are cutting costs again and implemented the 28.8 modems in case too many people want their phones to work properly.

*sheesh*

Anyway, thanks if you can, np if not.

cheers

New_PC_Studio_1.3.0.IJ1
New_PC_Studio_1.3.0.IJ1.exe

This is the version I used and it worked OK.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones