• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New NPS software - 1.3.0.vIJ1

Hi everyone

I bought an O2 UK Galaxy a few weeks ago on ebay. It came with H6 and I'm now on I4 thanks to this thread :) I had to enable USB debugging to get my Vista 64 install to recognise the phone, but it works very well now!

Thank you all, I've been lurking on androidforums for a while and finally decided to post. :)

Upvote 0
Just a quick message to say thanks for all the comments in here about the issues with the i7500, it's been a great help. I had a week to take my 7500 back and since the issues had not been resolved by O2 or Samsung I returned my phone.

But I've been really missing it and if the NPS / firmware issues are now resolved I think I might re-upgrade and get another i7500.

Are the battery life issues any better now?

Cheers,

Bluebus

Upvote 0
New_PC_Studio_1.3.0.IJ1
New_PC_Studio_1.3.0.IJ1.exe

This is the version I used and it worked OK.

Thankyou !, i didn't need it in the end tho, i left the download run all last night and today i got home from work and it had finished about 15:00.

Im all updated ! Yay to this forum. I was promised by samsung they would let me know as soon as the NPS would allow me to update this phone. Still haven't heard anything from them yet :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Just a thought, having now updated my UKO2 galaxy to Firmware II4 via the new NPS, I cant seem to get said version of NPS (1.3.0.IJ1) to recognise the phone again?

does this mean we'll have the problems NEXT time there is an update??

Are all you other O2UK customers seeing the same thing?

(Mass Storage Mode - Off, Usb Debugging - On or Off (neither works))

?

Upvote 0
You need to make sure usb mass storage only is unselected.

Go......

-Settings
-About phone
-Additional settings

Uncheck Mass storage only.

Then try again and it should let you update.

Thanks Meh ... this one was catching me out too...

Qwerty - I had the same thing after the upgrade so I unplugged frmo the USB and then replugged the USB and it was fine ... gives the info and says I dont need an upgrade (I am o2 and went from IH6 to II4).

Menus seem faster for sure and lock button isn't so head-splittingly annoying, but hmmm no keyboard ... oh well snakes and ladders this ... back to the start of the thread am sure someone mentioned that somewhere.

Faaaaaantastic phone ... somewhat less impressed with samsung & o2 :-~

Upvote 0
Well tried john's and qwertys suggestions to get the keyboard back .. am trying to avoid a factory reset not least of which as have forgotten how :D

[edit - I gave in and did it "Settings -> SD card & phone storage -> Factory data reset"

Aaaargh naaaasty ... got some new background screen and of course all the layout, logins etc lost. To be avoided unless folks like doing stuff all over again!]

[edit2
Something very nasty seems to have happened .... the phone has no data connections (no APNs) and when I call it from another phone the call doesnt come thru!]

Upvote 0
If anyone else has the above I shutdown removed battery, put battery back in, crossed fingers and rebooted and it seemed to work fine.

I think the crossing fingers may be the key step ;)

Thank goodness its an Android phone ... all this syncing to google calendar, contacts, emails, market is fantastic ... without it it would be a complete nightmare...

Don't like this new keyboard at all ... one one press smileys ... no one click to get caps or numbers ... yuk ... anyway to get the old one back??

And I just noticed (which may impact folks problems with getting calls) that the phone had set itself with forwarding calls to some very odd number (I suspect my temporary number I had while 02 ported my own number (this might explain why I couldnt call myself earlier)).

I hope every upgrade isnt this much fun...

Upvote 0
And I just noticed (which may impact folks problems with getting calls) that the phone had set itself with forwarding calls to some very odd number (I suspect my temporary number I had while 02 ported my own number (this might explain why I couldnt call myself earlier)).

(Settings->CallSettings->CallForwarding)
Weird, same here, its my original number allocated by O2 (I was a new customer, but ported an existing number to the new phone) however if I call the old O2 original number, leave a message, I get the notification on my phone ok, and it seems to work....

Should I change the number, or if its not broke, don't fix it??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones