• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new on android

When Android devices are upgraded to the 2.2 OS (aka Froyo), then yes you will be able to install to sd card.

If you have a rooted phone then you can start using the Apps 2 SD from Donut on up. I am using an Cyanogen modified Eclair ROM and have all my apps on the external partition. Basically I have no apps installed on the phone.. other than Google apps.

note: I have an HTC Magic

Upvote 0
If you have a rooted phone then you can start using the Apps 2 SD from Donut on up. I am using an Cyanogen modified Eclair ROM and have all my apps on the external partition. Basically I have no apps installed on the phone.. other than Google apps.

note: I have an HTC Magic
can u all teach how to root that thing?:D...:thinking:

Upvote 0
can u all teach how to root that thing?:D...:thinking:

I learned how to root my HTC Magic about 10 months ago by using the tutorial over at theunlockr.com. I was hesitant at first but since then I've flashed alot of ROMs and last month I even flashed a new splash screen to get rid of the Vodafone branding. I don't know what phone you have but for all your rooting needs.. get started at the unlockr.com

note: I even have videos on Youtube showing my early days in rooting up until the latest splash screen change.

YouTube - gregoryaparker's Channel

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones