New optimus slider problems..please help!Support

Last Updated:

1. coupe68

coupe68 New Member

Ok, so this is my first "smartphone" and I just got it last week. I rooted the phone and installed a few of the rooted apps. I can download apps from the market with no problems, but I cannot download any non-market apps, music, or anything else from any sites but the market. And yes, I have allow non-market sources checked! I'd like to use 4shared, but every time I download a non market app it says starting download and then goes directly to download unsuccessful. Any ideas?
    My second problem is with voice to text, and when I downloaded a few voice recording apps, i got messages similar to no sd card, or free up space to 10 mg instead of 1 mg??? And my voice to text doesn't work?? I have the 2gb mini sd card. I should have PLENTY of space left bc I only have a few apps downloaded. Please help!!!!!!!!

2. melim

melim Disabled

Hi coupe, and welcome. :) The Slider has its own forum now, and within that a Root subforum: LG Optimus Slider - Android Forums

I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd be happy to help you there. Good luck!
  3. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

Moved to LG Optimus Slider forum.

They should be able to help you out.
  4. coupe68

coupe68 New Member

Thank you!
  5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

As that site is a known source of pirated apps, it's possible that the file has been damaged or otherwise corrupted somewhere down the line. Besides which, our Site Rules prohibit discussion of such apps.

Hopefully someone can advise on your other voice-to-text problem.
  6. PerkinsII

PerkinsII Well-Known Member

Try using dolphin browser for downloads that say unsuccessful. You can usual get legal apk files from the developer's website of said app.
  7. CompWiz

CompWiz Member

have you tried this;

settings> applications>check "unknown sources" box.? good luck
  8. PerkinsII

PerkinsII Well-Known Member

That's to install after you already have it downloaded. As he can't even download that wouldn't help him.
  9. CompWiz

CompWiz Member

Don't worry about the people that are trying to help man....worry about the people who need help...I'm just suggesting help ok? Don't waste your time replying to posts that are not meant for you buddy. If any of my suggestions are misleading then they should know. It's my first time here man...give me a break...