• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"New" or "Like New"

I know this may have been answered before but for the life of me I can not find it.

I am getting a replacement phone because my speaker blew after having it for 3 days. Is there a way to confirm wether the phone I get is a new phone or a "like new"? The CSR I spoke with stated that if it came with a battery and back it is brand new. If I have to use the battery and door that I already have its a like new phone.

Thought that solved my problem but I was getting comments that people were getting "used" phones that are coming with a battery and back.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

In my experience, the rep you talked to is correct. If you are getting a new phone you will get the entire HTC Incredible box (same as you got before) with a battery and cover and even charger and book.

If you get a refurb phone you will just get the phone. Plain box, no battery or cover.

TBH, as long as the new phone works it doesn't matter if it's new or "like new".

Upvote 0
In my experience, the rep you talked to is correct. If you are getting a new phone you will get the entire HTC Incredible box (same as you got before) with a battery and cover and even charger and book.

If you get a refurb phone you will just get the phone. Plain box, no battery or cover.

TBH, as long as the new phone works it doesn't matter if it's new or "like new".

I'm not worried about which one I get, it is just the question was posed to me and when I stated the CSR said it was new they stated that there was no way with the 4 day turn around that I would be getting it new. So it made me curious. I admit it does upset me somewhat that I shelled out a few hundred and might get a used phone. But if it works and at least looks new, I'll be happy.

Upvote 0
I recently had mine replaced for a bad speaker, the box it came in clearly is labeled "like new refirbished" no bat, no door, and it was like new, no blemishes, screen was perfect, everything...

I had a replacement sent to me, it was a certified "like new" it was flawless and works perfectly. Plus my manufacture date was April of 2010 so i know for sure that the screen is AMOLED. I called when I was having issues with my original Incredible and the Tech I talked to knew for sure that I was getting a refurbished one. Strange that the person you talked to didn't know which you would be getting.

Either way Verizon stands by its customers (from my many experiences over the years) so I wouldn't worry about it. You still have 30 days to mess with the phone, (but only 10 days to send them back your old one or the replacement) if you don't like the replacement call them up and they will send you another until you are happy.

Upvote 0
my wife and i both have incredibles... hers has a dead pixel so we called customer service for a replacement. I think the CSR should be able to order either a refurb or a new one for you. When i talked to her, she told me that if I wanted a new one, i'd have to wait several weeks (pretty much the same wait time as someone ordering a new one). she also said we could get a refurb sent out right away.

we opted to get the new one, so they charged our credit card for the full retail price, plus tax. we're getting a refund after they get the other one back from us

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones