New OTA 1.6: Bluetooth headset crackling anyone?Support

Last Updated:

1. happydadof4

happydadof4 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, I got the OTA update to my Behold 2 a couple weeks ago but have noticed that my Plantronics 510 bluetooth headset is not working nearly as well or as clearly as it used to. I and whoever I'm talking to hears more static and often they can't hear me. Has anyone else seen this problem? Any ideas what I can do to clear it back up? I've dropped pairing and repaired, but it didn't seem to help.

thanks!

Advertisement
  2. rleal2010

rleal2010 Well-Known Member

Sorry dude, support has been dropped for this phone so you either call tmobile technical support, (but then again they might say to buy another bluetooth device).

Also they might just send you a phone with 1.5 on it.

So I guess you have two options, either flash the phone to take 5 rom, or flash it back 1.5, or try your luck at either purchasing another brand of platonics bluetooth or try calling tmobile. not much we can do

3. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Sadly it the Plantronics 510, I have the same BT and it has done this with all my android Phone.

4. happydadof4

Hey BH_MAN, yeah, that's a bummer. I had gotten the headset (upgrading from a Plantronics 330) when I was on a Windows Mobile MDA which I had unlocked and loaded WM6.5 <which ran astonishingly well on that old 196MHz phone!>. I was able to listen to music and voice dial over the bluetooth too. I'm kinda surprised that Android can't do that stuff (at least not as of v1.6). So I guess I'll be looking into a BlueAnt Q1 headset in my quest for bluetooth-initiated-control goodness...lol
    BTW, used your ROMs on my BH2; they are so nice! Thank you so much for all you've done for us BH2 users. You, as well as Nullu5 and microhaxo, are amazing and have made this phone so much better!

HappyDad

5. happydadof4

Well, crud! I used the Plantronics 330 today and it crackled as well. Maybe it is the Plantronics brand. Bummer!