New OTA Software update HTC Desire

Last Updated:

1. Hi :)

I just received an OTA update from HTC. The file reads OTA_Bravo_Froyo_TMO_UK_2.29.110.6-etc etc But every time I try to install it, I get:

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
    E:signature verfication failed
    installation aborted

My phone is not rooted or messed with in any way. (I'm seriously tempted to root or sell though). I tried renaming it to but it gives me an error then too. Any ideas as to what this update is and how do I install it?

I searched for update related threads but, I'm only finding a different update.

2. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Bad download?
  3. Nope. Just tried it again. Got the same thing.
  4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Delete it and it should get resent to you
  5. Yeah, I know. I've tried that, it just doesn't work. Gives me the same error...
  6. casarosa

casarosa Well-Known Member

Just checked my software update and it reads 2.29.405.14 have had this for ages with no further updates available
  7. SUroot

.405 is unbranded direct from HTC. .110 is branded from t-mobile
    blackandroidph likes this.
  8. Ah...thanks. I suppose I'm stuck like this? :p
  9. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

If you have an unbranded phone, why are you receiving a T-Mobile update in the first place?

But I'd not worry - recent updates have had very little of note in them.
  10. I don't know. If its unbranded it shouldn't get the update. If its branded, the signature verification should work. Maybe I didn't mess with it, but its possible it was messed with before being repackaged and delivered. It doesn't work, even if I disable that. I suppose I should let it go :) But I heard they fixed the issue where the messages went to the wrong person >.>
  11. SUroot

What is your current software version?

Thought that bug was addressed ages ago.
  12. I still have it, though infrequently. If i got my hands on the unbranded one, would that work? Worth a shot...or bad idea?
  13. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

OK, so you are branded, so it makes sense that you are receiving this notification. It was casarosa posting their software version that had confused me. Well at least that clears that one up :)

I'd not worry, or maybe search the web to see if you can find out what was in this update. These days they are very minor.
  14. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Exactly this. Usually something not even noticeable.
    Maybe you're like me in the sense that you know there is an update so you want it?
  15. SUroot

I see no reason to not be on the 2.3 to be honest