• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New OTA update from Verizon just appeared!

johnpjackson

Android Enthusiast
Nov 16, 2013
Western Massachusetts
I just did a check on my Verizon Note 7 and there's an OTA Android update available. It makes absolutely no mention of the 60% battery charging cap. It says the update is to turn your battery icon green if you have a safe battery, and leave it white with a note about the recall if you don't. It mentions nothing else. I declined the update. Does anyone have any idea if it contains the 60% battery charging cap, and they're just not mentioning it, to get as many people as they can to install it?

I just did a check on my Verizon Note 7 and there's an OTA Android update available. It makes absolutely no mention of the 60% battery charging cap. It says the update is to turn your battery icon green if you have a safe battery, and leave it white with a note about the recall if you don't. It mentions nothing else. I declined the update. Does anyone have any idea if it contains the 60% battery charging cap, and they're just not mentioning it, to get as many people as they can to install it?
I just got it too

Upvote 0
The 60% charging cap is just in Korean markets, from the reports I've seen. (So far)
*Edit* Nevermind; now I'm seeing reports that all markets are being updated with either a green battery icon for safe phones or the battery cap for recalls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I disabled my SDM apks right after getting my phone, so I am not getting any notice to update. I do notice that in GSAM battery monitor that "system updates" is right at the top of the list of "Android System" which is what is burning most of my battery. To be fair, my N7 has great battery life, but I don't remember "system updates" being at the top of the list like this before. I also notice that wifi active and phone radio are almost always running (like about 100%) when I am off the charger. Again, I wonder if VZ or Samsung is trying to ping my SDM system updates apk's, but since I disabled them with package disabler pro they can't see those apk's so they keep trying over and over. In any case, since I am trying to get my replacement N7 shipped tomorrow (I just called VZ again a half hour ago they still didn't have any way of starting the order process for me since they said they don't have new N7's in stock yet) I am going to hold off on taking any updates or enabling my SDM apks. I don't want to take the update, I will wait for the new N7 to get here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones