new p3113 shipped with jelly bean in USGeneral

1. buffettgirl

buffettgirl Well-Known Member

My son bought himself a new Galaxy Tab 2 with his christmas money. I have had mine since May. I figured it wouldn't matter to a 12 year old that it didn't have jelly bean - yet. So we turned it on right now and the whole interface is different and I checked and low and behold - 4.1.1

What the eff? I feel robbed. :p

Advertisement
    :
  2. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

0.o lucky
  3. buffettgirl

so someone needs to explain why 4.1.1 is available IN the us on p3113 and the older ones don't have it.
  4. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

Lol switch tabs with him, secretly
  5. twogbsd

Put cwm on it, and put up a nandroid so we all can use :D
  6. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

I guess it's was part of a Christmas present to new buyers because my p3113 SE, which I bought in August, came with ICS.

I'm still trying to figure out why Samsung taking so long to bring JB to the US! I hope they are working on getting the bugs out it first.
  7. trker

trker New Member

Don't be so quick to jump to jelly been there is no flash player support and these days everything uses flash
  8. trker

trker New Member

Don't be so quick to jump to jelly been there is no flash player support and these days everything uses flash
  9. trker

trker New Member

What is cwn?????
  10. twogbsd

ClockWorkMod Recovery. It it used to flash roms, themes, tweaks, and more :)
    torero2 likes this.
  11. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

12. buffettgirl

would I expose myself as the world's worse mother if I admitted that doing so was my very first thought? haha.

I wouldn't have the first idea how to do that. sorry.
  13. twogbsd

Google "Clockworkmod samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 p3113 xda"
  14. garybeck

garybeck Well-Known Member

this might explain something.

i bought 2 of these for my kids on December 1st. At the time, nearly every place was out of them. Best Buy had them on sale but nearly every store was out of stock. I had to drive a hour away to get them. they have Android 4.0.4.

then they were nearly impossible to get for a couple weeks. Amazon was out.

then they started showing up again in Best Buys, just in time for xmas. It was obviously a new shipment. My mother in law got one literally 2 days before xmas. It has Jellybean.

it appears the latest shipment that arrived just before xmas has jellybean.
    twogbsd likes this.
  15. useroftablet

useroftablet Member

May I ask; specifically what country are you in?
  16. buffettgirl

my son got his off amazon - directly from amazon. The week after christmas. So that makes sense.
  17. Corki2

Corki2 Well-Known Member

I got Jelly Bean today on my P3113. I hooked up to my PC with Kies and it said update available.
  18. Hoity Toity

Hoity Toity Member

Actually if you go to old developer models you can still use flash.
    Ive had flash since ice cream samdwich on my samsun galaxy tab 2 7.0 and i still have flash installed and working even with jellybean installed today.
  19. Mackinon

Mackinon Well-Known Member

the updates are rolled out in batches, if its not available via OTA the you could try updating through Samsung Kies software. it that is still not available then, best thing is to wait for the update to show up.
  20. Jazzy79

Jazzy79 Well-Known Member

Got update through Kies this morning
  21. iPhone User

iPhone User Member

I bought a Tab 2 7.0 from Amazon France like a week ago and it had 4.1.1 installed as well. What's the big deal about it? :)
  22. twogbsd

It normally comes with 4.0.4 :p