• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New PAC-ROM 5.1.1 (Unofficial) Zmax Z970

arkansawdave74

Android Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2014
Truth or Consequences, NM
I completed my 1st port. It seems to be working great and it's a definite improvement on our old PAC. I owe a huge thanks to @hroark13 for the device, vendor, and kernel trees, without which I couldn't have done it. I also owe a huge thanks to @Relyt2012 for showing me what a manifest was yesterday... Lol. No wonder I couldn't get it to work...

I made a YouTube video so you can check it out a bit before deciding to flash.

Everything works as near as I can tell.

It does have a warning on boot to contact the device manufacturer. Just hit OK and call ZTE...lolol. I'll try to figure it out, but it doesn't affect anything. It works friggin great!

PAC-ROM 5.1.1 Z970
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120694752
md5: b92284db366991bf08e50eb5785df3e5

16 - 1.gif

Let me know of any issues. I'll try to learn to fix them.

Someone pointed out that you can't disable both the Navbar and the Pie Controls at the same time. If you want to disable both, just set the Pie control Trigger options like this.
Screenshot_2016-12-23-07-11-21.png

Last edited:
I FINALLY completed my 1st port. It seems to be working great and it's a definite improvement on our old PAC. I owe a huge thanks to @hroark13 for the device, vendor, and kernel trees, without which I couldn't have done it. I also owe a huge thanks to @Relyt2012 for showing me what a manifest was yesterday... Lol. No wonder I couldn't get it to work...

I made a YouTube video so you can check it out a bit before deciding to flash.

Everything works as near as I can tell. I don't have service so I couldn't check the network. Wifi works fine.

It does have an annoying warning on boot. I'll try to figure it out, but it doesn't seem to affect anything I can tell..
View attachment 113502

PAC-ROM 5.1.1 Z970
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2woimji18xxipvv/pac_draconis_LP-MR1.Unofficial_20161220-033121.zip
md5: d1845250ffeab94c930a5d6e56ee7bf8

Let me know of any issues. I try to learn to fix them.

Props bro! I'm working on a cpl myself.

Reactions: arkansawdave74
Upvote 0
Whats up man, you got a zmax too? [emoji14] i bricked my warp
Nah.. Still on the Sync & moved up from just theming. I keep a spare Sync around in case I make a booboo.. The Zmax & Sync are hardware twins so I watch both threads at times and saw @arkansawdave74 had posted a ROM and gave him props, also motivated me to get my PAC-ROM right and release it. It's posted in Warp Sync Guide & forum

Reactions: arkansawdave74
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones