New phone advice.

Last Updated:

1. jakobjoseph

jakobjoseph New Member This Topic's Starter

I've been doing research for while and as a result I'm now officially ...totally lost. :confused:
    My requirements:
    1. Primary phone - I need to actually use it as a phone.
    2. Smart phone - I need to use some medical apps - Epocrates and MerckMedicus - I guess it does't need a lot of processing power but quite a lot of internal memory. Supported platforms: Android, iOS, WinMo (not first option), BlackBerry. WP7 not yet supported, but I guess they'll do something about this in the near future.
    3. Light Use - no games, camera not important
    4. WiFi (Skype) and GPS (but not main GPS device ). Internet, of course, but not main device.
    5. Decent display - I need to read small texts
    6. Pocketable - a 3.5 - 3.7 inch display size would be perfect (touch screen, of course)
    7. Reliable device - no serious known technical problems (like those issues with htc desire, samsung galaxy s etc). also capable to survive a drop or two :D
    8. The phone will be used in Israel
    9. Price range - this is a tricky one, in Israel phones are REALLY expansive - most expansive iPhone in the world :eek: I can consider buying from the States or Europe (Romania) so 400-500 euro I can afford (I guess).
    10. I can wait a month or so.
    'Thanks a lot !

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, Jakob.

There are a lot of Android phones out there. You'll get a lot of opinion about which device fits your listed criteria, and some of that opinion will have stats and facts to back it up, but some won't. ;)

I'll therefor give you a comparative spreadsheet to study (prepare for a lot of horizontal scrolling):

android hardware comparison chart

3. jakobjoseph

jakobjoseph New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, Frisco, but that's only one side of the story. What about real user exerience? I need to know what problems real users had, and first and foremost I worry about unprovoked hardware issues.

4. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

I would recommend T-mobile's My touch 4g - To narrow down the choices it looks like you will be choosing from the phones that have a GSM capability because most of the world runs on that now a days.

5. Zob1960

Zob1960 New Member

I would not recommend the HTC Desire HD because you need wifi. It has wifi but the range is very short. Although the camera is 8megapixel the quality is not as good as I expected. Otherwise, it is a good phone with good screen size.