New phone but oh so lost (HTCD & SGS)

Last Updated:

1. behedwin

behedwin Member This Topic's Starter

I need a bit of help deciding on what pone i should upgrade to.
    Atm i have a Sony Ericsson X10Mini.
    I am happy with it but i feel that the small screen is not good enough and i want a bigger one. I also notice that the GPS and WIFI aint that good.
    And ofc atm it is running android 1.6 so that feels a bit meh. I know an upgrade is coming soon to 2.1 but that is still boring since 2.2 is outand SE will never get up to speed with android versions.

So atm i am looking at HTC Desire and Samsung Galaxy S.
    It seems both are very simular and i cant decide on what to buy.
    Anyone here able to tell me some pro and cons on those two phoens to make my life a bit easier.

Or should i hold of and wait to the beginning of 2011 and see if there is another phone to buy then?

Advertisement
  2. anthgav

anthgav Well-Known Member

I have used both phones and in my opinion I feel that the Desire is faster and smoother where as the Galaxy S can be a bit sluggish at times. Also HTC tend to provide the latest OS updates quicker than Samsung, Android 2.2 is already on the HTC Desire where as Samsung Galaxy S owners are still waiting for it. Also the Galaxy S does not have a flash for the camera.
    Don't get me wrong they are both great phones so make your own mind up.

Also have you considered the new HTC Desire HD which is due out this month in the UK.

Improved specs over the HTC Desire and a larger screen HTC - Products - HTC Desire HD - Specification

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Personally I'd say wait... unless you feel truly compelled to purchase a new phone now.