New phone: can call but cannot get to the internet?General

Last Updated:

1. MikeTS

MikeTS New Member This Topic's Starter

I must be doing something obviously wrong.
    Bought an Xpedia 1O (unlocked). Am in Belgium but my provider is Orange in Israel. I took the SIM out of my old non-smart phone and put it in my new phone. I can make phone calls, receive calls, ditto with texts messages. I have Data roaming on, Network Mode GSM/WCDMA preferred set, and have a connection to a local Belgian GSM provider.
    But anything to do with the internet does not work. Like set up connection to my email address, or create a Gmail account, or use my browser.
    So what's up? Do I just need buy something from my Israel Orange when I get back there? Or is there something obvious?

Advertisement
  2. Tino

Tino Well-Known Member

If you are using an exisiting SIM it may only be a 2G SIM, If that is the case ring Orange and ask for a new 3G SIM

3. anthgav

anthgav Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need to set up a new APN. Go to settings/wireless & networks/mobile networks/access point names and see of there is anything in there for orange if not you need to press menu and add a new APN, just find out the settings for your carrier on google and set it up.