New phone choices - help pls

Last Updated:

1. Costello522

Costello522 New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm currently stuck on the next phone I should get. I don't care if it's AT&T with the captivate or over at verizon between the droid x, droid 2, the fascinate. Can you guys help me out?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums!

That's quite a choice to have to make, so I think this thread is best moved over to our Android Lounge where (hopefully) you'll receive some advice from users of all four handsets.

Good luck with your decision, and enjoy your stay here. :)

3. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Hi - Welcome to the Android Forums - Cheers ;)

4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Hello and welcome to Android Forums!!
    What about the Incredible?

5. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Well-Known Member

The most important question:

who gets the better service in your area, and what are you planning to do with the phone?

Having both AT&T and Verizon I can tell you in the Bay Area, CA, ATT is better for streaming media to the phone over 3g while Verizon is probably best if you talk on the phone a lot.

On a side by side comparison, my Moto Droid was getting 5-600 Kbps average while my Captivate was getting 2.5-3 mbps download.

So as a person who uses the phone more for media/web browsing/texting rather than talking, AT&T is the best choice for me. But again, it all depends who gives you the best coverage. Price wise, ATT and Verizon as almost identical. One thing I do like about ATT services is roll over minutes which saves me a lot of money

Costello522 likes this.
  6. Costello522

Costello522 New Member This Topic's Starter

Wel I live near new York so both AT&T and verizon have good coverage. And I'm pretty much gonna use it for all around usage. But any like problems you guys have heard of between the droid 2 and droid x? I keep going between both phones.

7. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

The Droid X and Droid 2 are similar...both good choices! I'd go with the x personally!

8. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

The X is the best phone I have ever owned. Definitely the best phone you can buy right now, unless you get 4G in your area and want to go with an EVO on Sprint. HTC build quality is pretty bad compared to MOTO, just keep that in mind if you don't want to keep your phone in a case.

9. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Definitely just go with whoever gives you the best service. I personally prefer GSM over CDMA. I like being able to just pop my sim card in and go, and if I need to switch between phones (sometimes I'll be doing something that I don't feel comfortable having my smartphone with me for) it's just as simple as that. CDMA people will say how all you have to do is call or use the website, but I still view it as a hassle. Also, do you frequently need to be on the phone while checking something else which requires the network? I don't need it that much but it would be nice to have when I do. Unfortunately it's not a possibility on CDMA unless you are connected to Wifi.