• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New phone for old user??

Mr Bloppy

Mar 2, 2009
Hi,

i use to have a g1 and was obsesed with rooting it and loading roms ect. but then i "upgraded" to a htc hd 2, but i finaly gave up on that (only to learn after i could put that on android). so now i can get a new phone:D.

So i was thinking desire hd or z, galaxy s or nexus s but i cant choose!! i would pefer the most customiseable one but, i have no idea which one is. the physical keyboard on the z is a big plus for me. any suggestions?

thanks

I've used my friends Z today, and it feels like a really good keyboard. Although the phone is really thick from it, and I've had bad experience with keyboards wearing out over time. I would recommend the Nexus S myself, since it'll get all updates right away and has the same beastly specs as the other phones (if not better).

Upvote 0
you want customizeable like the G1....

Nexus S is a GOOGLE phone.. for dev... so it "should" be very highly modded phone in the community. but it is samsung and how it will be adopted by dev.. is in question. If you look in samsung forums.. it is not as big as the HTC ones.

NO microsd card slot... no front facing camera .. adds to my distaste for the nexus s.

I would vote for the HTC phones.... desire hd.. would be my choice.. because it is the same as the EVO.. and it is a very very active phone in the mod community.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones