New phone new questionsGeneral

1. Chimera778

Chimera778 New Member

I have a few questions about my s4. First, when I get phone call from someone not in my contact list, ormamtext message, the phone number or sender does not come up on the notification, only a vague "Text Message" or "Wireless Caller" message, is there some way to change this to see who it is by phone number?

Also, whenever I plug my phone into my car with a cable to listen to pandora through the car speakers, the phone registers it as headphones and turns the volume down to 75% and gives me a warning about listening to headphones at full volume. How can I change this?

Third, how do I set up wireless phone to computer transfer through wifi? I thought I had seen how, but it never worked.

These are my biggest problems with the phone now, especially the first two, and other that that it is great. Thank you to anyone who can help!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

That's what happens when you take the audio from the headphone jack. I believe there are a couple of Xposed modules that will defeat this, but you have to root the phone to run Xposed.

Or you can get a Bluetooth adapter for the car radio and connect the phone to the radio via Bluetooth.

Airdroid, My Phone Explorer or Wifi File Transfer (and there may be others - those are the ones I'm familiar with). The phone won't do it without an app.