• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New phone opinions needed

Hi, I am new to this forum so hopefully I am putting this in the correct area. I am a Verizon customer and live in a very weak signal area. No other carriers get any signal here so I am stuck. I have unlimited data and not willing to give it up, plus i use FoxFi for tethering so I am looking for last years models. I now have a Droid Bionic that's on it's last leg so I need new. I have tried a droid razr M and a Samsung G3, neither getting ANY signal here. I would like a larger screen and something faster then the Bionic. Any opinions on phones that may work in such a weak area? I have looked at signal boosters but at $400. its a bit pricey for me. i cant use the verizon signal extender because the only Internet available is either dial up or satellite which is why I tether. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Android Forums.

The new batch of Motorola phones are about to be announced so the current ones are being discounted drastically. I use the Droid Maxx and it is simply great.

If you wipe the Data Cache Partition on the Droid Bionic (at least once a week) you will probably see a marked improvement in performance. You might just stay wit the Bionic for a while.

... Thom

Upvote 0
I did not say Factory Data Reset ... I said Wipe Cache Partition. This is where temporary data is stored. It can become corrupted over time and the result is a loss in performance ... like switching between tasks or launching a new task.

The only thing that is removed is temporary data and none of your revered data or settings are touched.

It can take a seemingly unusable older phone and suddenly breath new life into it.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones