new phone soon first charge question

Last Updated:

1. thekobk

thekobk Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi I have been reading that when you first get your new phone you need to charge it but I was wondering can I use it while it charges or does the phone need to be off that first time.

Advertisement
  2. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

How could you sit there and wait for it!!?!?!?!!? Seriously, it'll be fine. Maybe your first web search on it should be about battery care of Lithium Ion batteries. Technology has come a long way, no need for discharge and full charge cycles.

3. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

The full charge and discharge is all about the phones ability to accuratly read the battery. The phone determine when to charge and stop charging so yes a good full charge and discharge will extend battery cycle. Its not the battery but the phone meter.
    Go ahead and play while charging, no harm unless you do it for hours and then you will feel it get very hot. It it gets hot ,let it sit for a few minutes to cool off by not working the cpu.

4. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

Oops double post.

5. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Your battery won't be harmed by not charging it on the first use but eventually you'll want to charge it to 100%, run it down to 0%, and then charge it back to 100%. That calibrates the battery reader meter.

6. thekobk

thekobk Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks every one.