New phone with "The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly."

Last Updated: 2012-10-10 18:37:10
  1. Luis_Lopes

Luis_Lopes Member

Hi there,

I have just bought a unlocked Dell Aero, when I insert my SIM card and turn it on I always get the following message "Sorry! The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." with the buttom "Force close". After click it the first time, this alert poup up again for each 5-10 seconds. I'm not able to use my phone.

I have searched on the internet for solutions, also inside this Forum, but anyone worked to me so far. Anything about contacts, SD, or factory reset.

Anyone may have another tip/suggestion?

I'll really appreciate that, because I can't use my phone so far.

Thanks in advanced,
    Luis

Advertisement
  2. ExtremeNerd

ExtremeNerd Well-Known Member

I've had this issue with multiple tablets I've bought. It is a problem with the contacts sync. You have one or more invalid/corrupted contacts. Try sneaking into the menu and turning OFF contact sync to your Google account.

If you can't do that, I would do a factory reset, do NOT activate a Google account on set-up. After, you can have more choices on how to use your account.
  3. Luis_Lopes

Luis_Lopes Member

Thanks for helping ExtremeNerd.

I run what you pointed, but didn't work yet.
    The issue is happing all time.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks,
  4. ExtremeNerd

Have you tried a factory reset?

Have you done anything to modify your phone? Did you try to root it?
  5. Luis_Lopes

Luis_Lopes Member

Factory reset yes, I did. Didn't work.

It is with this issue since the first time that I turned it on.

About the root... I haven't done it so far. How can I root it?

Thanks,
    Luis
  6. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

Please Post your phones exact make and model so we can research it for you.
  7. Luis_Lopes

Luis_Lopes Member

Hi, it is a Dell Aero, like that: click here.

Thanks,
    Luis
  8. ExtremeNerd

Eeew on so many levels. Is it within refund range? You can get free phones on T-Mobile much better than that.

Sorry to be a downer, but that is one of the worst things I've ever seen. AND it's running cupcake!
  9. Luis_Lopes

Luis_Lopes Member

Well sir, thanks for your comments ExtremeNerd... but it doesn't help me anyway...
  10. ExtremeNerd

I know it's not the best advice, but after seeing that, your best bet would be to return it. Not only are you having problems with it, but you're getting the worst possible view of android. It's running software that is nearly 5 years old. It will only frustrate you and turn you off.
  11. Luis_Lopes

Luis_Lopes Member

No way to return it so far...
  12. ExtremeNerd

Sorry to hear that. Wish I could have been more help, but with such an obscure device and old software, I don't know any other ways.
  13. Luis_Lopes

Luis_Lopes Member

And about the to root it?
    What are the steps to root it?
  14. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Try clearing the cache and data from your contacts apk. I'm not sure if cupcake allows out but its worth a shot.

Settings> applications> all> find contacts then look for a clear cache button and clear data.
  15. ExtremeNerd

Rooting won't do anything for it. It's such an old and obscure device that developers aren't interested. You won't have a custom recovery or the ability to put custom software on it. It's really stuck as is.
  16. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

im sure there's something.
    Luis_Lopes likes this.
  17. Luis_Lopes

Luis_Lopes Member

Any idea?
  18. Hey Luis
    Do not try anything on your cell, since it is a new device and you are prompted while using better have is checked by some authorized store of your manufacturer. They will resolve the problem or will provide you another new phone.
  19. Luis_Lopes

Luis_Lopes Member

Howdy Daniel,

I totally agree.
    But, my point here is that I'll like to enjoy this issue and learn a little bit more about Android - like how to root it or how to solve that issue with setup.

BTW, in the last case I'll try to contact the support.

Thanks,
  20. Luis_Lopes

Luis_Lopes Member

Howdy Daniel,

I totally agree.
    But, my point here is that I'll like to enjoy this issue and learn a little bit more about Android - like how to root it or how to solve that issue with setup.

BTW, in the last case I'll try to contact the support.

Thanks,
  21. ExtremeNerd

Google it. There's no CWM or custom ROMs.
  22. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Based on some googling, I read that there might be a 2.1 android version for your phone but.....since there really isn't too much support for this device it might be risky to try and be hard to find a download link that is still active.

Only thing I can suggest is trying to see if under settings, scroll down to about phone and see if there's a system update waiting for you.

I'm sorry I wasn't too helpful.
    Luis_Lopes likes this.
  23. Luis_Lopes

Luis_Lopes Member

Thanks for trying! I'll try that and let you know.