• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I've never owned one but I've heard the Triumph is garbage. If you're thinking about getting a Triumph for $200 and staying on your $25 plan, you might want to consider a One V for $100 and move to the $35 plan because it seems to be a much better phone. If you really want to keep your $25 plan then the Elite is the best way to go.

Upvote 0
Yeah I've ruled the triumph out now. I'm heavily leaning towards the one v. I can't spend the cash for the evo

Just do what's best for you OP.

Take a look at the Elite's ROM development & rooting section, then take a look at the One V's, just pick what's best for you in terms of development so you don't feel like your phone is going to be outdated, and see what specs fit your wants and needs. :D

Upvote 0
My wife dropped hers in the rock driveway, probably waist high. I have a Trident case on mine - hopefully it will offer some protection, but not on a direct screen hit.

I've dropped mine numerous times and have what giantpune said he had - just the simple, $3 silicon phone condom. Not a scratch nor a break nor a crack. The edges are raises just enough that even on a direct hit, the screen doesn't touch anything (if it's a flat surface). Trident should have you covered and I'm not sure whether or not OtterBox has been developed for the OE yet, but another good case/series to check out is Ballistic. Both Trident and Ballistic are fairly close to what you'd get from an OtterBox, so if you've got either you should be all set.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones