1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

New phoneGeneral

1. rockalance

rockalance Well-Known Member

Ok so I dropped my elite today and now the screens cracked to shit. it is still 100% responsive to my surprise. I need help deciding on either the Motorola Triumph or another Elite. Other suggestions are accepted thanks guys.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member Contributor

I've never owned one but I've heard the Triumph is garbage. If you're thinking about getting a Triumph for $200 and staying on your $25 plan, you might want to consider a One V for $100 and move to the $35 plan because it seems to be a much better phone. If you really want to keep your $25 plan then the Elite is the best way to go.
  3. rockalance

I know its buggy. Also I have the 35$ plan anyway. The one v seems ok but Im not an htc fan. Thanks for your input. I'll take another look at it
  4. Dark One

In that case I would wait for the Evo V to go on sale somewhere and get yourself a really nice 4g phone. Too bad you broke your phone right after black friday and cyber monday.
    rockalance likes this.
  5. julian35961

julian35961 Well-Known Member

Just got my HTC One V today... Awesome
    rockalance likes this.
  6. DraeHD

DraeHD Well-Known Member

Just to put it simply, if you get the Triumph you're getting an outdated brick of a phone.

Either get another Elite which development is still taking off for, or perhaps the One V or if anything you could get the Evo once it drops as the above have said.
    rockalance likes this.
  7. rockalance

Yeah I've ruled the triumph out now. I'm heavily leaning towards the one v. I can't spend the cash for the evo
  8. DraeHD

DraeHD Well-Known Member

Just do what's best for you OP.

Take a look at the Elite's ROM development & rooting section, then take a look at the One V's, just pick what's best for you in terms of development so you don't feel like your phone is going to be outdated, and see what specs fit your wants and needs. :D
  9. elhamda

elhamda Well-Known Member

I just switched to MetroPCS, so my Optimus Elite from Virgin is up for sale.
  10. rockalance

They have the same SoC. Same ram. Same space. Htc wins audio and camera pretty easily. Htc wins with ICS. But I hate only having back, home, "recent apps".
  11. Dark One

The One V has a 480x800 pixel 3.7" screen compared to 320x480 3.5" on the Elite.
  12. rockalance

Definite plus. But There's only one custom kernel I've seen. Plus, rooting is a bitch.
  13. kakapopo

kakapopo Well-Known Member

Triumph is garbage and the One V has that ugly curve at the end. Stick with the optimus elite, it's pretty.
  14. rockalance

I kinda like the curve. Well guys I think ima go with the one v. Thanks for the input and for not being too biased.
  15. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member

The curve on the end isn't nearly as pronounced as it looks in pictures.

If you can't get the Evo V, or just don't need the power, the One V is your best option. The One V is a nice upgrade from the Elite.
  16. Murf1

Murf1 Well-Known Member

Those screens must crack easily. My wife dropped hers and same thing - cracked vertically top to bottom, but still works fine.
  17. landonh12

landonh12 Well-Known Member

I may be moving to the iPhone 4 at Christmas. Sorry android fan boys, iOS is such a great OS :)
  18. rockalance

Blasphemer! Oh no you didn't! *shakes finger*
  19. rockalance

Mine landed on a rock. From 6 inches...
  20. Murf1

Murf1 Well-Known Member

My wife dropped hers in the rock driveway, probably waist high. I have a Trident case on mine - hopefully it will offer some protection, but not on a direct screen hit.
  21. Artine

Artine Well-Known Member Contributor

I've dropped mine numerous times and have what giantpune said he had - just the simple, $3 silicon phone condom. Not a scratch nor a break nor a crack. The edges are raises just enough that even on a direct hit, the screen doesn't touch anything (if it's a flat surface). Trident should have you covered and I'm not sure whether or not OtterBox has been developed for the OE yet, but another good case/series to check out is Ballistic. Both Trident and Ballistic are fairly close to what you'd get from an OtterBox, so if you've got either you should be all set.
  22. itsthekidbigc

itsthekidbigc Well-Known Member

The triumph triumphs the elite and one v by a mile, removable battery for one. Tons of development, big screen and tyree s2 inside can go 1.9ghz when Elle and one v cap at 1.5
  23. Artine

Artine Well-Known Member Contributor

The battery is removable on the Elite, lol. That's not a "feature."
  24. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member

Speed isn't everything.
    It's even more worthless when you can't even find where you are going with that pathetic GPS.
  25. julian35961

julian35961 Well-Known Member

My HTC One V running Android 4.2 thanks to XDA amazing dev team. So many ROMs for the One V over at XDA. The support for the One V is horrible at AndroidForums due to moving development to XDA. Now I'm back to using smooth 4.0.4 again due to 4.2 having some bugs, and didn't have camera feature yet.

Note: One V overclock to 2GHz :)