• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New phone

Galaxy S2 is easily the best phone on Boost
Just be aware that the S2 has a poor quality radio as well as some firmware issues. The phones suffer from Lost Of Service even though you may be standing right next to the tower. It will just die out over time, sending calls to voice mail w/o the owner knowing it. There is actually a program you can install that will automatically reboot the phone every certain period of time. I have a S2 and while it does work just fine at home it does not while traveling or in places where my previous Sprint (Touch Pro 2) had no issues. Plus this phone has no service in my resort room where my previous Sprint phone had no issues and keep in mine this is w/o letting the Sprint phone roam. In fact, the phone is so bad i will need to replace it before our next vacation. A phone that does not work where I need it is of no value, imho. If you see my other thread about this i have linked 5 other articles/posts that discuss this issue. Not saying the one you get won't be perfect, just letting you know the issue exists in the product line. And from what i have read the S and S3 are also showing the same problems. Maybe consider a different manufacturer. I have had terrific luck with my past HTC phones. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones