New Phone...

Last Updated:

1. welder1973

welder1973 Member This Topic's Starter

OK.. So I bought the G1 a couple of months ago and really liked the Android O/S. The main problem here is AT&T is the only provider in southeast Arkansas. I cracked the screen on my G1 a week ago (very small crack upper right corner) but I know the phone will die at some point. I dont have 600.00 to get the Nexus 1 (checked on ebay) so I was thinking maybe some of you guys might recomend a phone. I usually dont spend over 250.00 on phones because my work environment is rough, but I still want a kick *ss phone! I am limited to GSM networks so unlocked phones work well for me.. Did i mention i cant stand AT&T? LOL... I like my G1 but the 2.1 update isnt going to come out for it i guess.. Any and all recomendations are welcome and appreciated! JWB

Advertisement
  2. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Totally a hijack, you a pipeliner? From ark. and a welder, I just figured...

3. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

I have an Acer Liquid. It works on AT&Ts 1900MHz 3G band which is fairly strong throughout the nation. I rooted it and installed the latest version of Android to it (flashed a custom ROM which is very fast, very smooth), it is selling for a bout $350 unlocked which is a bit higher than the range you stated but given the specs, it is a pretty good deal- Acer Liquid S100 A1 White - Unlocked Android PDA Smartphone .

Or you can always get another G1. Backflip is in your range but I don't think there is much developers out there rooting it so you would be stuck on 1.5 if you went that route.

4. welder1973

welder1973 Member This Topic's Starter

Many thanks for the advice! 330D what did you mean when you said "totally a hijack"? I actually work as a Fully Qualifeid Millwright/Fully Qualified Welder for Potlatch and HustlinDaily, I will check the phone out! Its pretty miserable here being stuck with AT&T... They have put me through the ringer for the last 15-20 years.... Sadly its the only carrier that works down here! Once again thanks for all the advice!

5. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

I put forth nothing related to your post, that is all... I know a few pipeliners from Ark., and didn't know if maybe you did that type of work...

6. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

If you get a backflip, I feel sorry for you.