• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Power Manager?

dkaufman1

Android Expert
Oct 24, 2008
The Lab
rdrrlabs.com
I was curious if anyone had used any tool like Power Manager. After getting 1.5 Power Manager (since I never updated it) no longer works. I do like the idea of setting my profiles based on battery level and if the device is plugged in/charging which regulate screen brightness and Wireless (wifi,3g,gps).

I checked out Toggle Settings, but it is pretty confusing but does have some or maybe even all of these features. Any others?

I was curious if anyone had used any tool like Power Manager. After getting 1.5 Power Manager (since I never updated it) no longer works. I do like the idea of setting my profiles based on battery level and if the device is plugged in/charging which regulate screen brightness and Wireless (wifi,3g,gps).

I checked out Toggle Settings, but it is pretty confusing but does have some or maybe even all of these features. Any others?

Dave I use Toggle Settings and the Lastest version is very powerful ...
It is a cross between PowerManager & Timeriffic ...

I had deleted PowerManager sometime ago ... as I did not buy the update/Upgrade swindle bait :)

Upvote 0
I don't have a problem with Power Manager but I never really found much value in it since it does not do anything you can't already do for your self. I also found that I was constantly fight it. It forces you to only use it - any any other smart tool which automates things for you is in immediate conflict with the application. As a result I simply uninstalled it and was much, much happier.

IMOHO, Toggle Settings has a much nicer/more powerful UI than Useful Switchers but it crashes on me from time to time. As a result, Useful Switchers is the no-brainer runner up. Its rock solid and has an appealing interface in its own right - but less powerful/configurable.

Having said that, I rarely wind up using Useful Switchers. I wind up using DimBot and WiSyncPlus (my own applications) and find I rarely need anything else. As an added bonus, the combination of WiSyncPlus + DimBot saves me tons of battery life.

Full Disclosure: Both of those are my applications, but I really do use them as described above. For verbose details, see the FAQ. You can also review my battery results here.

As a side note, AFAIK, DimBot is the only brightness adjustment utility which usess 100% officially published interfaces to achieve its results. No kludges, hacks, or reflection tricks required. That means its likely the only brightness adjust application which will not require an update to run on the next Android release.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones