1. HUGE Androidforums.com UPDATE! Learn what's new (and download the new app!)
    Dismiss Notice

New problems after Jan update?General (Browse All)

Last Updated:

1. Dangraef

Dangraef Active Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone seen new problems since this latest update? I don't know if it is just me, but I cannot rearrange my homepages since this last update. If I try and long press on the icon it opens the app. Anyone else seen that?

I am curious if there have been new issues devoloped from this latest patch...

Advertisement
  2. adirdam23

adirdam23 Member

I'm still waiting for my update. I'm still on 1.56

3. Aelhues

Aelhues Active Member

I haven't had any issues with icons, long press, or rearranging icons since the update.

I am starting to wonder if it broke something about google voice. Although, with not having seen anyone else mention it here, I'm skeptical. I have actually re-installed it, but with the same results. Everytime I restart the phone, or attempt to load gvoice, it pops up the "force close" window. I don't really use gvoice for anything but a service to direct calls between work, mobile, and wifes mobile, so it really is no inconvenience, just a mild irritation.

4. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

The only issues I continue to still have is YouTube and Facebook when you choose notifications I get an error message.

5. CalifJewls

CalifJewls Active Member

No issues since last update! For me it did fix the screen lock up issue as stated.

6. gtpdjw

gtpdjw Well-Known Member

After updated my phone has worked fine no problems besides You tube is hit and miss on playing vids. I use Google voice it's working good for me

7. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

ever since i installed MR2 i keep getting error messages about provider.htc
    it keeps making me force close it. Anyone else have this problem?

8. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I was having that problem for a couple of days prior to the latest update. Since I never use Google Voice from my phone for anything - like you, I just use it to forward calls to any of our phones - I just ended up uninstalling it.

9. LoneRider

LoneRider Member

Google Voice has been force closing since I installed the GV update about a week ago... the Eris update didn't effect it... still force closing after restarting the phone...

10. gtpdjw

gtpdjw Well-Known Member

I had that happen to me I believe it's because the phone loses data connection when you turn it off or do a reboot is it working fine now?

11. falltime

falltime Well-Known Member

it works after the FC - but the FC is annoying

12. gtpdjw

gtpdjw Well-Known Member

I think if you use app manager and close google voice before reboot or turning the phone off you wont get the F/C error

13. LoneRider

LoneRider Member

It still gives the force close after a restart but after that it works fine.

14. trevgriff

trevgriff Member

After my Eris received the latest update I lost the ability to transfer files to and from the SD card. After this latest update the card is no longer visible even after selecting mount sd card.

PC is a windows 7 ultimate 64 bit machine, prior to the update everything was fine.

Update is software version # 1.17.605.1 (second ota update)

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

15. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I wish they would leave our phones alone until the 2.x upgrade is ready. At least make the updates optional. I haven't had any trouble with my lock screen. Since the update, my lock screen has continued to work flawlessly, but my home screens lag terribly. Switching screens side to side makes me want to throw my phone across the room. Rebooting doesn't help. This never happened before update. Why!??!

16. rdalev

rdalev Well-Known Member

All I can say is my phone was fine before the last update. Right after installing the update, I had to do a hard reset as the phone had been rendered useless, could not even make a phone call !

17. nekoki

nekoki Well-Known Member

Same here. Youtube still has not been fixed and now some of the apps I previously had on my phone are no longer visible to me (Calorie Counter for one). Something to do with the phone not being recognized as a whitelisted (ie non-rooted, non-developer) phone and app copy protection. Very freakin aggravating.

18. Bswartz95

My digital clock app is the same way.

19. RC Addict

RC Addict Well-Known Member

I noticed the Facebook issue started on the 2nd of the month. Have not been able to download notifications since. Switched to Facebook by Droid Heaven (has the blue f on white icon) and it works flawlessly. Give it a try?

20. Bswartz95

The only problem with using the touch site for Facebook (and Facebook by Droid Haven) is that their news feed doesn't show your friends' updates from mobile devices.

21. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

i have recently had problems with the prox. censor. i dont talk on the phone to much so it really isnt an issue but is kinda annoying when i do though

22. Anducks

Anducks Active Member

Haven't had any issues at all. In fact, I posted some threads on here about why I couldn't use Google Maps or the Market, but after I manually updated the software both applications worked fine.

23. swe3t23

swe3t23 Well-Known Member

after the update... did anyone notice that when you get a call you usually unlock the phone and there is no option to accept the call or not accept the call.

When someone calls and you unlock the phone it answers it.

is it just me

24. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

Just got an update pop here in new york. I'm guessing this is the second OTA, and we're still waiting on 2.x?

25. droid-dohrk

droid-dohrk Well-Known Member

Well, I just tested this.

If the phone is asleep and I receive a call, it turns the screen on and you are at the Lock Screen, It says right on the curved bar, Swipe down to answer or press Menu.
    So, if I swipe down it answers the call. If I press the End call button it stops ringing and goes to VM. So, End call will Decline.

Also, you don't have to swipe to answer, you can press the Green Send call button to answer.

Usually, I run ScreenModeWidget and I have it set for Awake Stay (that let's the screen timeout and turn off, but when you press the End call or Trackball to turn on the screen, it doesn't make you swipe or press menu). When I have it set like that and receive a call, it turns on the screen and I get the Accept/Decline buttons.

I don't know how it was before this update as I always have Awake Stay on.