1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

New/Proud Nexus OwnerTips

1. Garandhero

Garandhero New Member

Just upgraded from the Droid X to the Galaxy Nexus today.

So far so good.

I ordered the extended battery (2100Mhz or w/e) because I heard that's a good/worthwhile upgrade.

I am wondering if ya'll can suggest any other accessories?
    Are there any MUST have cases/screen protectors? Particularly any that work with the extended battery?

Usually I go with SGP/Stienhiel screen protectors are those still recommend for the Nexus?

I noticed my Motorola Car Charger/USB cable doesn't fit snugly on the Nexus and often I get momentarily disconnected (both when charging/transferring files) Not sure why that is the case, but any recommendations for a good car charger at least?

I went back into a 2 year w/ Verizon paid $149 for the phone (PLUS AN INFURIATING $30 UPGRADE FEE??) Only reason I stayed with Verizon is because I am grandfathered into a good plan with unlimited Data..

Anything else I need to know about my Nexus?

Advertisement
    :
  2. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Well-Known Member

You will love it! The otterbox defender fits with the extended batt. Thats the only one i found that fits. Love it! Plus it doesnt add too much bulk
  3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the world of Nexus! :D

I used the Steinheil Flex screen protectors and was not impressed. They are easily scratched and gouged... and I have no idea what gouged mine. I'm going to try XO skin next.

If I might, your extended battery will add roughly 17% power to your phone. In addition, I would highly recommend Juice Defender Plus.

The free version on default settings increased my usage time by half: the Plus version - in balanced mode - almost doubled it. I can easily go from 5 AM to about 9 PM or later on a single charge, with web surfing, texting, occasional calls and nearly constant Bluetooth streaming to my BT stereo headest (if you're looking for a good set, the Rocketfish RF-MAB2 is outstanding).

Lookout (or AVG) Mobile Security is very important.

Finally, you don't need to pay $90 for a Samsung horizontal dock: I am a big proponent of Capta and can't recommend it enough. It's a tripod mount and also serves as a bedside stand for my Nexus (or any other smartphone, for that matter) and it'll last forever. For $34 shipped it's an unbeatable value.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

My 0.02 :)
  4. Garandhero

Garandhero New Member

Can anyone advise me on the car charger issue it's very annoying and I'm concerned that the power report on the nexus may be damaged Hello I'm probably just paranoid but there are two chargers that I had that don't work properly The one came with is fine and fit snugly the other two are kind of loose and have trouble charging the phone There are always sort of disconnecting in not charging

Any recommendations on good car chargers that fit snugly
  5. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I have the Verizon brand, it fits snug IMO, although it is not the greatest deal in the world.
  6. fillyo

fillyo Well-Known Member

I bought the sprint branded one off Amazon for the Evo4G , works great.