New Radio leak(CDMA/LTE Nexus)

1. Advertisement
    :
    cbeng, davey11, Yeahha and 2 others like this.
  2. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Thanks for the heads up -- flashing now.

Will report back.
    Graham84 likes this.
  3. for anyone not rooted how do you get into fastboot? And is there a certain order these need to be flashed?
  4. CheeseJam

CheeseJam Well-Known Member

Can someone post a quick tutorial on how to flash a radio via Fastboot. I do not have CWM, but am rooted. Thanks.
  5. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

Anyone have promising results from flashing this?
  6. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

Just flashed it. 3G seemed to pick up quicker down here in the basement and seems to be holding a bar above what it was before could just be placebo effect :)

** dbm seems to be better as well was average about 90-95 now its hanging at 83dbm 4asu
  7. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

JoJoCal19 likes this.
  8. it seems like a pretty good start if anything. Hopefully it will be rolling out soon for those with issues and help increase the signal strength for everyone, not to mention this should help with battery life also.
    JoJoCal19 likes this.
  9. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Wow. dBm is up by 10-15, and my 4g speeds are 50% improved.

Seriously. Testing before and after and I haven't budged an inch.
  10. mobgob

mobgob Well-Known Member

How can I go about flashing a radio? Anyone have a guide?
  11. William T Riker

put the zip in the root of sdcard, boot into cwm recovery and install zip from sdcard
    mobgob likes this.
  12. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

guys i'm going to move this to the all things root section. Great find OP.
    Premium1 likes this.
  13. CharlzO

CharlzO Well-Known Member

According to the first link, you would need to be rooted to go through the process. Hopefully they roll it out soon though :)
  14. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member

Can someone post them here for those of us who don't feel like joining my Droid world?
  15. William T Riker

Try the link here ..definitely worth the flash imo so far
  16. mwsmith

mwsmith Active Member

Im assuming that I can flash the CWM recovery image in my adb folder, install the zip, then reboot. Or do I need to permanently flash CWM?
  17. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Is there a way to backup the current radio? I'm coming from the Inc so flashing radios seems to be different from what I'm used to ( didn't flash them from CWM )...
  18. davey11

davey11 Well-Known Member

Got one more bar on sig strength and about 5 mbps more on speedtest.

It is definitely not worse than the previous radio. Thats all that matters to me lol
  19. crazysoccerman14

crazysoccerman14 Well-Known Member

It would be nice if op posted dl here so we dont have to join another forum... its a PIA doing so on a cellphone
  20. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

You should be able to softboot CWM and flash the radios that way yes, just like if you rooted by softbooting CWM so you keep the original recovery.

I don't think so but the stock radios can be download I don't have a link currently but could find one for you if you need me to.
    mwsmith likes this.
  21. William T Riker

This is sitting in my basement right now, ping not so good but best I've seen so far on the old radio was 1.9..

[​IMG]
  22. mobgob

mobgob Well-Known Member

Just flashed. Seems to be about the same to me. Maybe a slight improvement but I wasn't experiencing signal issues to begin with.
  23. mwsmith

mwsmith Active Member

Went from -111 to -93 on 4g.
  24. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Wow, this completely killed my connection (3G), I'm down to .35 - .60 Mbps. I was at around 1.7 - 1.8 Mbps just minutes before, which is my normal speed. Will flashing Fabs Rom get me back to the old radio? If not how do I get it back?