New receive email or sent email sound alert?

Last Updated:

1. mcmonkiez

mcmonkiez Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

any chance or way setting up sound alert for new email received and new email sent. ie when new sms sent can we setup sound too for that?

Advertisement
  2. Dallasguy

Dallasguy Well-Known Member

I would like to know as well. I get notification of SMS but not emails. I tried Settings>Sound & Display>Notification Sound and made sure that something was selected. However, this play only for emails.

Anyone have any suggestions?

3. Dallasguy

Dallasguy Well-Known Member

mcmonkiez: I figured it out.

Click on the email icon. Once it takes you to the actual emails hit the physical 'menu' button below the screen. Then select 'more'. Then 'settings' followed by 'notifications settings'.

4. _PeteG_

_PeteG_ Active Member

Along the same lines, anyone know if it is possible to have a regular sound 'reminder' for SMS or email? Other phones keep reminding you, audibly, if you have a txt message that you haven't read yet. Does the Magic have that function?

5. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Dont believe the default app does, however there probably is an app on the Market that reminds on interval ...

6. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Can you disable the sound alert for email and just have notification symbol? Thanks

7. _PeteG_

_PeteG_ Active Member

Fyi, I have been using 'Missed Reminder', a free app from the market. I'm not sure yet if it's *completely* what I was looking for re regularly alerting me to missed events but it's close! Pretty configurable too.