New Rom Called...Aloysius 1.0

Last Updated:

1. Konikub

Konikub Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ALOYSIUS ROM 1.0 (pronounced aloe-wish-ous) is a custom built ROM based from most popular of all the Sprint HERO 1.5 ROMS....FRESH 1.1! You might even refer to it as "Fresh 1.2"

It is a complete, all patched up "tweaked to fit my needs" version of Fresh. Aloysius 1.0 was mainly created for me and what I am looking for in a ROM,
    but I thought I would place it out to the public in case there are others who share my needs. It has one of the latest & fastest kernels available (2.6.27GK-0.32 by gbhil) included in the ROM.....so no extra flashing necessary! The bouncy menu was kept, however if you would like the screen transitions back (I love them)...go into settings/sound and display....then check "animation".

As this is simply a modified version of Fresh, it supports pop-server email as well as Gmail. So all your contacts will transfer regardless of where they are located.

It includes all the real needs of the everyday ROM!! Including EStrong File Manager, visual voicemail, camera, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi tether....plus it also supports Apps2SD! You can also customize your lock screen through this process....and if you should need help, please PM me and I will see what we can come up with together!

Aloysius 1.0 is merely a clean, tweaked, and extremely updated/patched version of Fresh.....with some extras!!!

What I have included in this ROM.....

- FLASH Patch Included
    - Weather "current" Location Patch Included
    - Black Dialer and New Contacts
    - NEWEST gbhil Kernel .32
    - SetCPU - Latest Version
    - EStrong File Manager
    - Quietly Brilliant Boot Screen
    - WaveSecure
    - Latest New Rosie Launcher
    - Nexus One News & Weather
    - Godzson-Onyx Bluez Icons
    - Wtphoto Icons
    - Godzson Clear Weather/Clock Widget
    - Custom Lock screen Available

I highly recommend doing a clean "wipe" before flashing. A reboot is after initial boot, is always a good thing

To get full potential/speed out of this ROM and Kernel....activate the built in SetCPU....and activate the screen transitions to "FAST" in Spareparts

Link to ALOYSIUS 1.0

Advertisement
    LWNda3rd, stinky, Svengali522 and 2 others like this.
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Are you planning on updating it anytime soon? I don't want to download it and flash it in a few days, only to find out that my version's outdated :p

3. Konikub

Nope....this is it. I did however just place another version on the XDA post this afternoon, for those who are not interested in "GDE" or "WaveSecure" programs......

...aside from that, this is what I'll be running until the 2.1's have camera and BT :)

stricklerjosh likes this.
  4. tatonka_Hero

sounds good. I'm sure I'll give it a shot some time in the near future

5. stricklerjosh

stricklerjosh Well-Known Member

How is your battery life on this ROM? I was going to flash the pancake rom tonight, but I am thinking about this one instead. Also, can you flash different task bars to this ROM?

6. Konikub

The battery life is great! I am at 90% and I've been running it non-stop since last night....flashing/reflashing/youtube/phonecalls/texts....and browing the web. The screen rotation is insanly fast with that new kernel I popped in there.....with course the help of SetCPU (which comes with it) and spareparts :)

Yeap, you can flash over this ROM all you want! Whatever clock/taskbar/wallpaper you would like. I just set this up for me initialy...but decided to put it out to the public to see if it was something you all woud like.

SUPER FAST and with lots of goodies!!!!

7. stricklerjosh

Do I need to change anything on Setcpu or just activate it? Never used it...DL it once and didn't really know how to use it and it really slowed down my phone. Also, can I flash a new taskbar to it?

8. Konikub

It would be in your apps folder...just click on it and it will ask you what decice you have. Look for HTC HERO (click on that)....then hit "always allow" and then you should be at the screen where you set up how fast you would like it to run.

Most common set up is MAX: 480 and MIN: 245 However you can set it to 528 if you so desire....just some don't like to run at top speed.

Oh, yeah....it's good to check the "on demand" option...this way it runs at top speed ONLY when the phone is up and running and not sleeping :)

Hope this helps!

LWNda3rd and stricklerjosh like this.
  9. stricklerjosh

Will flash it when I get home tonight...Will let you know if I run into any problems.

10. Toyzruskid1976

Toyzruskid1976 Well-Known Member

grrrr.... I just got my phone the way I wanted it with pancake... I guess this will give me something to do next week at work. (Other than, um, working... yeah... working... that's what I do when I'm at work... ssshhhh)

:rolleyes:

So... ALOYSIUS as in the patron saint of youth? or as in Mr Snuffleupagus's first name? (Just curious... I've always loved that name)

11. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

when you say that v2 has GDE and Wavesecure removed.. I know about wavsecure.. but the only GDE I know of is a home replacement app.. what are you referring to?

12. tatonka_Hero

OR, it's the dev's name (twitter: AloysiusCub) :p

13. Toyzruskid1976

yeah well... I get the cub part, but it's the Aloysius part that I'm curious about =^_^=

14. stricklerjosh

asked same question on XDA forum...got the answer that GDE he is refering to is the home replacement app.

15. Konikub

Yeah, it's just the home replacement app called GDE....a few people did not care for those two specific apps/apks, so I decided to make a version without them.

If you would like them in the ROM, just go with the original version :)

16. Konikub

Never knew either of those "Aloysius's"...lol. I got the name from the TeddyBear that Sebastian carried around in Brideshead Revisited :)

17. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

very kewl that you included an option for GDE.. I'll load up the rom tomorrow and give it a full days test.

18. stricklerjosh

awesome rom...been running it for about 5 hours now. Loving it!!! Added godzon blue onyx taskbar and dialer and also Icons by Wtphoto...it is Nice...great job Konikub

19. Toyzruskid1976

I totally forgot about him! Thought I was the only one who saw that movie... think I need to watch it again.

20. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation

I have been running this Rom since this morning and I gots to say I think this is the best Rom to date!
    Seems to be the fastest and absolutely no problems what so ever! And by the way I have tried all the Roms out there, the look of this Rom is sweet as well!
    Good Job and thanks
    Roman

21. cirehawk

cirehawk Well-Known Member

I'm not quite sure what is meant by home replacement. Are you saying it removes SenseUI and replaces it with something else?

22. Konikub

WOW, that means alot to me! Thank you for all the kind words.

I am soooo loving this ROM as well. SUPER FAST is a perfect analogy :):D:)

23. Konikub

Here is a better description of it, and perhaps its uses. I just can't write it all down here tonight....headed to bed. :)

24. cirehawk

Yeah, I found more info about it. Looks interesting. I just did a nandroid back so I have my latest setup saved (cause I like it right now). Last question before I try out your ROM. When you say you recommend a wipe, I'm assuming you mean a wipe back to factory defaults and not the option to wipe the SD card? Cause wiping the SD card would wipe out all my data on the card, including the nandroid backup I just did right? :)

25. cirehawk

By the way, I'll probably try v2 without GDE first since I'm assuming I can download wavesure separately if I want. I'll then try the GDE version.