• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New ROM Development

mrm0rbid99

Nov 15, 2010
Why is it that we D2/DX owners have such a limited amount of a ROM selection. Sure weve got a few to pick from, but they are all essentially the same (with the exception of TeamDefuse's Fission, being naked and all).

I mean, they're all either with-blur, without-blur, half-blur. This ones de-odexed, this ones not, etc.

Why no support for great projects like CyanogenMod or even better MIUI. All we have to choose from aside from a clean slate are basically just a bunch of frankenstein style mod ROMs. sure each one might be able to do something a little different, but that doesnt really strike me as being a truely induvidual ROM.

What do you guys think?, I personally would kill or better yet, donate to the support of work like MIUI?

Devs are still focusing on "better" phones like the DX.
Luckily, the DX ROMs seem to be ported left and right, which gives us more options - but I know what you mean specifically.
When UD RC2 goes to RC3, I have been reading that many of the bugs will be fixed and I "think" we are very close to the RC3 release.
I used CM on my D1 and always went back to UD - I think the advanced settings that UD has is what you are looking for, it was for me.
Nick

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones