New Rom Issues

Last Updated:

1. superzee

superzee New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    I'm having a few issues regarding the new rom..

Scrolling contacts still laggy?
    When scrolling from a different screen back to the weather, it used to animate the picture each time but now it doesn't? (even after checking the setting for animations).
    Camera, can no longer zoom with the trackball?

Most of all it's the animations that gets me, when scrolling from one screen to the weather it used to animate each time, or scrolling from one screen to the clock, it used to flip to the correct time now it just appears.

Definately have the "Show screen transition animations" box ticked.

Advertisement
  2. phillevy

phillevy Well-Known Member

These are some of the "prices paid" to reduce the lag - I hadn't noticed them until it was pointed out so I guess not a problem for me.

3. Wahwah

Wahwah Well-Known Member

I miss the flip clock too, never mind though. You can see the weather animations if you go into the app still if you miss them.

4. superzee

superzee New Member This Topic's Starter

Aah, I figured that might be it..
    Bit of a shame, they were nifty!

Wonder why they decided to leave the setting in there then.

5. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Member

Here's an issue I found,

Create a new HTC SMS/Messages widget on your home screen and launch it

Go to Menu > All Messages

And click "Back" and it will go to different apps previously opened!

6. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Just in case you haven't found it, you now zoom by dragging the left hand side of the screen vertically (think I prefer the trackball but nevermind)

7. whytey

whytey Member

I hadn't found it. Is a bit fumbly! Also noted thought that if you press and hold the screen, it focusses on the point that your presses and automagically takes a photo. This is less fumbly that the trackball :)

You win some, you lose some :p

8. garbageman

garbageman Member

I think the point and focus thing is great. Still, missing the flip animation....

9. Schubert

Schubert New Member

I don't (to air a different view). As far as I'm concerned one of the key things about the update was to stop the clock continuously animating every time we switched screens, it was a major distraction and CPU hog.

Seems there is no way to satisfy everyone... ;)

10. UnWeave

UnWeave Active Member

Well, I only got mine today (yayyy) but the flip-clock was annoying me already, can't wait to get rid of it!

I guess that's personal preference, would have been nice to have an option for it rather than completely disabling it, though. As for the camera, I can't comment (since I haven't updated the ROM yet) - point and focus sounds like it would be preferable, though, IMO.

11. mez

mez Well-Known Member

I don't have a flip clock. I use a analog one. And on this the hands still spin round to the correct time every time I hit home. Why remove the animation on one block but not others?

12. UnWeave

UnWeave Active Member

If I set mine to the analogue clock, they still have to jump to the same time, but unlike before it's not a smooth spin, its just an instant jump, with a delay to it.

I think I find that even more annoying than before! I normally use the flip clock anyway though, so I guess it doesn't matter.

13. sonisoe

sonisoe Member

i didnt try it before the upgrade, but you can tap anywere on the screen to focus on that point.. just like sony err or samsung camera phones (or the iphone)... quiet nice despite picture quality still sucks...

14. JoeC

JoeC Well-Known Member

I don't really miss the flip clock widget animation, as I didn't really like it always flipping.

However, regarding the contact list scrolling, I have found that it's smooth unless you have contact photos for some of your contacts. If you have the photos, it does interrupt the smooth part of the scrolling.

Moving from home screen to home screen is 10x better, though.

15. mez

mez Well-Known Member

Hi I just thought I'd check if I was wrong but on mine the clock will jump to 12 then smooth spin to the correct time.
    I don't have a problem with it just wonder why that wasn't fixed with the flip clock

16. dhole

dhole Active Member

I have been finding that my mobile data connection connects without obvious reason. Also after this I can't turn it off with the widget !

17. Malthe Leth

Malthe Leth New Member

I got allot of problems after I updated my hero...
    No sound on alarm clock.
    On menu title says