new rom suggestion

Last Updated:

1. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just curious what rom everyone would suggest trying. I've been running cSrOm (buufed) rom for a while and really enjoy it. Now that I've been running AOSP, I don't want to try sense, but open to sense. Should I try something different or stick with what I have. Any suggestions would be much appreciated:)
    On a side note, any sd card suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thinking about going to A2SD, need a bigger card:confused:
    Thanks everyone as always for your help:D

Advertisement
  2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

I have been running DarchDroid 2.7 for a while now. I recommend it to anyone who wants to try out a good, solid AOSP ROM.

andygu3 likes this.
  3. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

I'm using Zenherofx, it has all the sense ui goodies and aosp speed.

andygu3 likes this.
  4. 00h2itr

00h2itr Well-Known Member

I would start with what ROM's have you tried? And out of those, what do you like? Stock feel? Customization? Do you prefer Darch like ROMs, or Flipz ROM's?

I'm still on Zen myself, but am wanting a change (nothing wrong, just have had it a while and haven't made any changes) I'm waiting for Froyo to be done, but may give Zen's new one a go.

Best thing about all this, perform a Nandroid and if you don't like the new ROM you just flashed, go back to what you had and find another to try.

5. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

These are the 2 I'm most interested in, cool thanks! I'll look into them more and give one of them a try tonight.
    Any thoughts on a sd card, didn't know if a 16 was worth it. Leaning towards an 8gb. Do you think a class 2, class 4... is that big of a speed difference? Thanks again

6. 00h2itr

00h2itr Well-Known Member

Me, personally... I went with a 8 GB because I don't have an Ipod, and gives me plenty of room for whatever I want...

Amazon has the 8 GB's class 6 for like 20 bucks, make sure to get the name brand stuff.

The "class" or speed is also good if you want to use A2SD. I personally use it at the moment giving it a try.