• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New ROMS available

coman_nick

Android Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2010
Bucharest, Romania
I've seen nobody discussing this so I thought I'd start.

I know most of you already know but for those of you who don't, here's the link
[ROM] X8 | Sense | 2.1 | 2.2 | 2.3 | xRecovery [WiP] - xda-developers

You'll find a Froyo (2.2) and a Gingerbread (2.3), but none complete. They are both missing some parts like camera, vibra for 2.3 etc.

Now I'm using Raht's Floyo (0.10 build) and hope to be able to use it on a day-to-day baisis. There are still minor unfixed problems with this as you'll be able to read in the link, but the major problem is that it sometimes reboots due to inadequate app2sd implementation. I for one uninstalled app2sd from it (don't need the space anymore since it can move an app to fat32 SD) and it's alot more stable now. Still, when it wants to reboot it loop reboots (about 4-5 times or more). Anyone using it?

Still, when it wants to reboot it loop reboots (about 4-5 times or more). Anyone using it?

Try to keep your screen awake for 5 mins.. Keep tapping in between the digital clock and unlock/silent button. After 4-5 mins when the digital clock shows the correct time ((for me, the digital clock freezes for 4-5 mins before it shows the exact time)) when it shows the correct time after 4-5 mins, unlock the phone..

Upvote 0
Well, it's almost here. :)

You re talking about CM7?
Cos all everyone is talking about is that release!

Also I d hate to go through all the hustle of
setting up the phone from scratch again!
I imagine that upgrading to CM7 means that
backups made with xRecovery and Titanium BackUp
(made when when running ROM 2.1) are useless,right?
N.

Upvote 0
when I bought x8 I'd a choice I could had gone for NOKIA N8 but to my lack of sanity I didnt do a market research.. today I came to know N8 has USB-ON-THE-GO feature and now am ****ING REGRETTING MY DECISION.... DARNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

EX Android Freak relax!!! :p

Nick thanks man! Good to know!
Also a last question!
Downloading the latest official update
means setting up apps and contacts again from scratch?

N.

Upvote 0
when I bought x8 I'd a choice I could had gone for NOKIA N8 but to my lack of sanity I didnt do a market research.. today I came to know N8 has USB-ON-THE-GO feature and now am ****ING REGRETTING MY DECISION.... DARNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

why dont you sell your x8 (like what i did) and get yourself an n8? but remember, the n8 costs twice as much as the x8.

Upvote 0
EX Android Freak relax!!! :p

Nick thanks man! Good to know!
Also a last question!
Downloading the latest official update
means setting up apps and contacts again from scratch?

N.

Afraid so! SE backup and restore should do the trick but with contacts I'd use google and for apps Adao file manager. I use it from day 1 and love it. It's one of the few apps I rated on market. :)

Suhel, what's up? I see you're upset for some time now. Don't tell me it's becouse you got bored with android. Symbian suks to android ;-)

Upvote 0
Afraid so! SE backup and restore should do the trick but with contacts I'd use google and for apps Adao file manager. I use it from day 1 and love it. It's one of the few apps I rated on market. :)

Suhel, what's up? I see you're upset for some time now. Don't tell me it's becouse you got bored with android. Symbian suks to android ;-)

Both are same...

I'm bored really... tell me one new thing in android now? Custom ROMs hardly have anything... all I'm doing these days is playing games and nothing else... I wish there were more methods to root the phone... least that would had killed my time lol

Upvote 0

I use appmonster it automatically back's up any new app that I install

Upvote 0
I'm not shure but my logic is that you will loose xRec by updating with SEUS. After update root, install xRec and restore backup. And then you'll loose SEUS update (except kernel?). So it will be in vain. But if you first tell us what you want to do and then ask how, maybe I can be of better help. And btw, you can forget Jit without any problems.

Upvote 0
Read my reply on."What's next" topic.
N.

Ok,after 2-3 days trying various ROMS,I think its safe to say that the CM07 2.3.3 is still too buggy to use.
Apps2SD doesn't fully work,lots of crashes with SU apps,camera no go,random rebooted and FCs,WIFI stops working after a while etc but its really really fast.But that's it!

I m on Floyo 0.15 now.Still fast but SU still makes the ROM to reboot,plus MOVE2SD still doesn't work for me.Maybe its cost I don't have an ext3 partition on my SD anymore,but still its an issue.

The bottom line: Use Floyo if you like Android 2.2 and don't bother with any 2.3.3 ROM for now, unless you have too much time on your hands...
N.

Btw,apps2SD still doesnt work even with an ext partition present on the sd Card.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I could make a damn good nice tutorial about all this!
Also,its clear that in the last few days I really had NO life almost...
Haha,I hate losing time on any phone,but I just love the new Android!
Its almost double as fast as the Sony Ericsson 2.1! No joking here!
N.

Btw,updating baseband can be done by using X10 Flasher and the appropriate firmware files *without* losing any ROM data/settings/apps!
Just found out this morning. ;-)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones