New root. 1 Question.

Last Updated:

1. joey1213

joey1213 Member This Topic's Starter

I have searched for this but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. Just rooted my eris and I want to add app2sd, but I don't want to flash a different rom, so it it possible to have a2sd on just a rooted phone. I tried to DL the app on the market and I can't even download it. So can anybody point me in the right direction? Thank You:D

Advertisement
  2. dirtyriffs

dirtyriffs Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I thought you can only do that on 2.2 Froyo.

joey1213 likes this.
  3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I'm pretty sure that this is right. See xda-developers - View Single Post - [Script][A2SD] Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.2 (10/03/2010) - the part at the top about stock ROMs.

That said, I think I read somewhere that PlainJane will install over stock without a data wipe first, keeping all of your apps and data. See [ROM]Plain_JaneT2 V2.0 7/18/10 Stock With everything ROOT!! - xda-developers for Plain Jane.

I would Nandroid backup first so that you can go back in case I am wrong about keeping data.

Also, read the instructions about setting up apps2sd carefully. You need to back up your SD card because you will wipe it as part of the process.

joey1213 likes this.
  4. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Yea you should be able to install plainjane over stock without a problem. But its always good practice to backup before flashing anything. And you can install app2sd just about any rom doesn't matter what android version your running. plainJane is 2.1 and runs app2sd great. Its all stock except the root stuff.