New Root-ee Needs Basic Advice

Last Updated:

1. Heruohta

Heruohta Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've followed a lot of threads here for a month or so mainly on a casual level. I just rooted yesterday with Sholes Updater and I can see a performance difference with SetCPU. In general it seems the public opinion that the 2.1 launcher is a little more buggy than the default 2.0.3 Smoked Glass goodness but I'm still running it for the sake of it's newness factor.

Now that I've gone the easy route to rooting via the SMupdate I want to know more. I think it's like a drug. Maybe not heavily addictive but subtle like coffee. I'm interested to know the absolute basics to rooting. The terminology, the coding language basics, everything. Is there any site out there or a thread that sounds like what I've described?

Let's say I have no experience with computer languages (a little HTML and a college course where we messed with C++ for a day) but I can navigate Windows with some confidence. Where would you recommend a complete noob to the community go to for the best possible advice?

In addition, the DROID is my first smart phone and my first GPS so I'm not exactly up to par on the lingo there but via context clues I've managed to decipher most of what I come across.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate the community here very much.

Advertisement
  2. Heruohta

So we are all flying blind?

3. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Well-Known Member

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Could always google "android rooting" or something like that. You can find tons of info on rooting if you look around.

5. Heruohta

Thanks for the replies. Did some digging around and found this. A great place for beginners to get some very basic knowledge as a start:

Root Your Droid