• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Root Method No Pc

Prior even posting how can I make this my own thread instead of being sticked especially when I'm the only one so far who has this?

On my initial/first reply was solely asking to have this as a seperate thread and not being moved by a mod into the sticky.Basically you do the following:

1)Enable usb debugging in dev ops

2)Download poot: http://db.tt/0HqxEURT

3)Download minstro 2 from store

4)Download superuser from store

5)Run poot

6)Pushes su to xbin

7)Go into superuser and update binary

8)If done right you now have root

9)For testing on already rooted phones use temp unroot through superuser and repeat

First enable usb debugging otherwise even when rooted it will say otherwise running obvious apps you can disable afterwards but prior is required.Download the following poot.apk(4 shared),minstro 2,and superuser all from market and run downwards in order.Poot pushes su binary into xbin afterwards go into superuser and update binary to get root access even when poot says damon stopped

Upvote 0
Awesome, if it works. I can't verify as I only have the one Rise and it's already rooted. Someone had been asking a little while ago for a solution to root that didn't necessitate a computer to do it, so this would be great.

Maybe someone could even pack it up in to an all-in-one apk, just run it and get su/Superuser/etc in one swoop.

Upvote 0
Just rooted my second rise this morning. wish I would have seen this. somebody will test it, poot doesn't harm anything, I've used it for another model.

MyFormIsCrack - why don't you upload the version of poot you used or provide a link to it? It would be helpful for someone else to get started.

r

Upvote 0
hum.. mind writing this in a manner that a noob would comprehend better? Pretty please :D and whats the big fuss about the thread anyway? Cant you just write a properly structured post and you would get this thread or whatever it is your trying to say?

I am not rooted and willing to try if more information is provided or simply better instructed.

By the way my Rise is a shitty c5156 anything i should know related to that?

Upvote 0
On my initial/first reply was solely asking to have this as a seperate thread and not being moved by a mod into the sticky.Basically you do the following:

1)Enable usb debugging in dev ops

2)Download poot in above db link

3)Download mintro 2 from store

4)Download superuser from store

5)Run poot

6)Pushes su to xbin

7)Go into superuser and update binary

8)If done right you now have root

9)For testing on already rooted phones use temp unroot through superuser and repeat

Reactions: sneaky_1
Upvote 0
No poot can be anywhere mine was in download.After running it will ask for Minstro 2 then poot phone su gets pushed to xbin but dameon will stop.Go to superuser and update your outdated binary to gain root access.Again make sure you have usb debugging turned on before attempting otherwise it will say your not rooted even when while running apps like setcpu and etc.You can disable afterwards just is required prior and congrats

Upvote 0
I'm having such a hard time with this.

I downloaded poot, minstro 2, and superuser.
I enabled usb degugging and allowed download from unknown sources
I then ran poot and it updated the library and downloaded some stuff.
Then I went to superuser and updated the binary

I still do not have root access and I don't know what I am doing wrong. When I go to terminal emulator and type in "su" to check for root, I get the following:

link_image[1936]: 2622 cold not load needed library 'libandroid_runtime.so' for 'app process' (link_image[1936]: CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE
permission denied

Any suggestions???????

Upvote 0
I'm having such a hard time with this.

I downloaded poot, minstro 2, and superuser.
I enabled usb degugging and allowed download from unknown sources
I then ran poot and it updated the library and downloaded some stuff.
Then I went to superuser and updated the binary

I still do not have root access and I don't know what I am doing wrong. When I go to terminal emulator and type in "su" to check for root, I get the following:

link_image[1936]: 2622 cold not load needed library 'libandroid_runtime.so' for 'app process' (link_image[1936]: CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE
permission denied

Any suggestions???????

In superuser tap temp unroot. Then reboot.
Redo the procedure but don't update the su.
This phone dose not like the new su (you won't have root)

Reactions: PapiOnFire
Upvote 0
I just want to make sure I'm clear: do I run poot, update libraries as prompted, then update the binary in superuser, then press "temp unroot", reboot and repeat but this time without updating binary in superuser

OR

just run poot, let it update the library as prompted and not bother going into superuser at all?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones