New Root Method No Pc

Last Updated:

1. Prior even posting how can I make this my own thread instead of being sticked especially when I'm the only one so far who has this?

On my initial/first reply was solely asking to have this as a seperate thread and not being moved by a mod into the sticky.Basically you do the following:

1)Enable usb debugging in dev ops

2)Download poot: http://db.tt/0HqxEURT

3)Download minstro 2 from store

4)Download superuser from store

5)Run poot

6)Pushes su to xbin

7)Go into superuser and update binary

8)If done right you now have root

9)For testing on already rooted phones use temp unroot through superuser and repeat

Advertisement
  2. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

If you have something post it, otherwise you're kind of wasting everyone's time. You clearly know how to make a post already.
  3. First enable usb debugging otherwise even when rooted it will say otherwise running obvious apps you can disable afterwards but prior is required.Download the following poot.apk(4 shared),minstro 2,and superuser all from market and run downwards in order.Poot pushes su binary into xbin afterwards go into superuser and update binary to get root access even when poot says damon stopped
    patsfann and PapiOnFire like this.
  4. dibblebill

dibblebill Well-Known Member

Have you tested this on the Rise? I know it works on the PCD Chaser.
  5. Yes its how I rooted mine
    PapiOnFire likes this.
  6. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Awesome, if it works. I can't verify as I only have the one Rise and it's already rooted. Someone had been asking a little while ago for a solution to root that didn't necessitate a computer to do it, so this would be great.

Maybe someone could even pack it up in to an all-in-one apk, just run it and get su/Superuser/etc in one swoop.
  7. It does and your right since he is the reason I joined especially to help those with no pc.Even when rooted for those who want to test simply use superuser temp unroot option and do forementioned.You will get the same results
  8. radford

radford Well-Known Member

Just rooted my second rise this morning. wish I would have seen this. somebody will test it, poot doesn't harm anything, I've used it for another model.

MyFormIsCrack - why don't you upload the version of poot you used or provide a link to it? It would be helpful for someone else to get started.

r
  9. sneaky_1

sneaky_1 Well-Known Member

10. Could be just got this one from 4 shared.His 100 requires you to reboot the above does not
  11. DoReMi33

DoReMi33 Member

hum.. mind writing this in a manner that a noob would comprehend better? Pretty please :D and whats the big fuss about the thread anyway? Cant you just write a properly structured post and you would get this thread or whatever it is your trying to say?

I am not rooted and willing to try if more information is provided or simply better instructed.

By the way my Rise is a shitty c5156 anything i should know related to that?
  12. DoReMi33

DoReMi33 Member

Can't I edit my posts? I just wanted to add that it's from Public Mobile to help search engine results for people looking for things like this
  13. On my initial/first reply was solely asking to have this as a seperate thread and not being moved by a mod into the sticky.Basically you do the following:

1)Enable usb debugging in dev ops

2)Download poot in above db link

3)Download mintro 2 from store

4)Download superuser from store

5)Run poot

6)Pushes su to xbin

7)Go into superuser and update binary

8)If done right you now have root

9)For testing on already rooted phones use temp unroot through superuser and repeat
    sneaky_1 likes this.
  14. sneaky_1

sneaky_1 Well-Known Member

I would edit your original first post with all the steps like above and the link to poot. Then everybody will easily find all the info. And thanks for posting. I can't confirm it as like others, I'm already rooted.
  15. DoReMi33

DoReMi33 Member

watchout everyone noob alert!

To run poot do I just put it in the root directory of the sd card? then what?
  16. No poot can be anywhere mine was in download.After running it will ask for Minstro 2 then poot phone su gets pushed to xbin but dameon will stop.Go to superuser and update your outdated binary to gain root access.Again make sure you have usb debugging turned on before attempting otherwise it will say your not rooted even when while running apps like setcpu and etc.You can disable afterwards just is required prior and congrats
  17. daffyducknj

daffyducknj Well-Known Member

Might try this later. My phone has the latest firmware on it, and cannot be rooted with Bin4ry's method. Hope this works...
  18. cherly09

cherly09 New Member

Sorry -- stupid questions here!

How do you go into Superuser and update binary? (step 8)
    Are poot and minstro 2 available in the google play store?
    Does step 6 (pushes su to xbin) require me to do anything, or is that just something that will happen on its own once poot is running?

Thanks!!
  19. DMedina559

DMedina559 Well-Known Member Contributor

I can conform this works. Just don't update the su twice. (I believe I did and lost root). Although if you did just check the temp unroot in superuser reboot and redo the process. =D
    THANK YOU!
    Now I can teather to my Optimus V
  20. daffyducknj

daffyducknj Well-Known Member

I got this method to work for me! :)

But... poot crashed so I had to run it again from the app drawer. It then asked me to reboot, so I did just that. Afterwards, I ran ministro 2 and superuser. I haven't updated superuser. Ran su in terminal emulator to confirm root. Promptly applied egl tweak after that. All is well.
  21. cherly09

cherly09 New Member

I'm having such a hard time with this.

I downloaded poot, minstro 2, and superuser.
    I enabled usb degugging and allowed download from unknown sources
    I then ran poot and it updated the library and downloaded some stuff.
    Then I went to superuser and updated the binary

I still do not have root access and I don't know what I am doing wrong. When I go to terminal emulator and type in "su" to check for root, I get the following:

link_image[1936]: 2622 cold not load needed library 'libandroid_runtime.so' for 'app process' (link_image[1936]: CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE
    permission denied

Any suggestions???????
  22. DMedina559

DMedina559 Well-Known Member Contributor

In superuser tap temp unroot. Then reboot.
    Redo the procedure but don't update the su.
    This phone dose not like the new su (you won't have root)
    PapiOnFire likes this.
  23. cherly09

cherly09 New Member

I just want to make sure I'm clear: do I run poot, update libraries as prompted, then update the binary in superuser, then press "temp unroot", reboot and repeat but this time without updating binary in superuser

OR

just run poot, let it update the library as prompted and not bother going into superuser at all?
  24. cherly09

cherly09 New Member

Thank you!!! Finally worked! You are the best -- I really appreciate your help :)
    PapiOnFire likes this.