New S4 & Battery ChargingTips

1. PotMonster

PotMonster Well-Known Member

Batteries nowadays don't need to be "cycled", which is great, but I'm still not knowing what steps to take with a new Li-ion battery. What do you guys suggest? One site recommends charging a brand new one for 8 hrs with the phone off and then letting it discharge to no less than 25% and then recharging it until 100%, but doesn't state if the phone should be on or off during the second charge. Another site recommends to initially let it drain to 5% and then charge to 100%. BTW, I am assuming that my phone will come at about 50% charged from what I've been reading. What do you guys do straight out the box? Please be specific if you can, thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. Money_Mark

Money_Mark Well-Known Member

I used to be really into making sure my batteries were in properly cycled etc. After so many smart phones and now using Li-ion batteries, I've relized that these phones are now ready to go right out of the box. Use your phone until dead, or charge it up to 100% it wont make much of a difference IMO. At the end of the day, its over analyzed.
    PotMonster likes this.
  3. Gone are those nokia days where yiu have to leave it charging for long hours.