New s4 questiomSupport

1. tommytwisted

tommytwisted New Member

Hey guys im new here. I was just wondering i got a new s4 and i am wondering how long i should charge it for before i unplug it? Its currently been charging for almost 3 hours amd is full. I want to make sure i can maximize the battery life. Thanks again in advance for the help

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I don't believe there is a minimum time requirement. The light will turn green when it's fully charged, there is no need to leave it plugged in after that point.

BTW, welcome to the forum. :)
  3. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Android Forums tommytwisted! :)

Your phone's battery is a lithium-ion, (li-ion), battery and I would recommend an initial charge, using the travel charger as opposed to the USB or cigarette lighter, of around 8 hours, irrespective of the phone showing it as fully charged much earlier. Thereafter, do not allow the battery to fully discharge if at all possible as this can harm it. Unlike the old nickel-cadmium batteries, the li-ion battery can be topped up at any time and I prefer, if possible and practicable, to, "top up", my battery at around the 50% level, or so. The only time that you may ever need to fully discharge your li-ion battery is if you should need to re-calibrate it, "once in a blue moon".