1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

New Samsung Galaxy Ace - Emergency Calls OnlySupport

1. SeanySean

SeanySean New Member

Recently bought an O2 Samsung Galaxy Ace GTS5830. However, problems occurring already.

The network is constantly dropping out with 'emergency calls only' appearing every time. I originally thought it was my twelve year old sim card being the problem. But I have tried the new sim card which was sent with my phone, and the same problem still happens regardless.

Problems receiving text messages also happens...some take forever to receive and some not at all. Maybe this is due to the network problems, I'm not sure.

Both sim cards work just fine in my old Samsung U800, so clearly the phone is having the issues. The Galaxy Ace is also using the latest software and Samsung updates are not needed when I check for new updates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. GrahamF

GrahamF Well-Known Member

Hi, I replied to you on the 02 forum. :)

"Hi, sorry to hear you are having problems, hopefully it isn't the Ace, but the network! Have you tried the Ace on 2G & 3G to see if it is this? Go to settings/wireless & network/mobile networks. Try both tick/untick for "use only 2G network". Might help? "2G only" will also save your battery quite significantly. Most people only use 3G when browsing the web, then turn it off for general use. Hope this helps. Graham" :)
    tajitaj, JackiPS and SeanySean like this.
  3. galaxyace152

galaxyace152 Well-Known Member

I'm sure its not the problem of the Ace! Its the problem of the sim network.
    tajitaj likes this.
  4. SeanySean

SeanySean New Member

Thanks, Graham. :)

But yes, turns out it was the 3G option being the problem. Where I live doesn't cover 3G...so it was constantly confusing my phone. Switched over to 2G networks only and hasn't switched over to emergency calls since. :D
    GrahamF likes this.
  5. GrahamF

GrahamF Well-Known Member

That's great, happy to hear that & happy to help! :)
    Shame the network guys aren't more knowledgeable eh!
    Do come back on here if you ever need anything else sorted.
    BTW - you forgot to hit the "Thanks" button on my post!! :D:D
    Graham - London
    tajitaj and SeanySean like this.
  6. pattycake4

pattycake4 New Member

when l try to download pic to pc,green man sats connect storage l press ok then orange man says disconnect from pc help
  7. tajitaj

tajitaj New Member

I registered to this forum to say that YOU are a life saver.. LOVE YOU NO HOMO :D