New Samsung Galaxy S3 suddenly shuts off and dead.

1. SweetDream

SweetDream New Member

Hello people. My new Samsung Galaxy S3 suddenly shuts off and becomes dead. Only way I can turn it on again is by pulling out the battery and put it in. The battery is not drained. Very frustrating! Help please? And suggestion would be highly appreciated! Thank you!!

Advertisement
    LilBit likes this.
  2. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Hello SweetDream. :hello: Welcome to Android Forums.

Sorry to hear of the problems you're having with your new phone. Here's a link to our SGS3 section, where you can ask the folks that know that phone best to help you out.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/

Good luck, and I hope you'll enjoy your time here. :)
    ScandaLeX and SweetDream like this.
  3. SweetDream

SweetDream New Member

Oh that was fast... many thanks eyebeam!...:)
    LilBit likes this.
  4. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Welcome to AF!

How's your problem working out now?
    Enjoy the site. :)
  5. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Welcome to Android Forums. :)
  6. SweetDream

SweetDream New Member

Dear dragonslayer95, I have decided to reset my galaxy and see what is happening. I have restricted many apps to not use my G3 data, because I have limited usage. I also was so excited from my first touch screen phone (I had Blackberry Bold before), so I downloaded many apps which (of course) I uninstalled after. I still do that...:/ On the beginning Kies updated firm software. To make it short... I guess no phone would cope such abuse... We see what happens after reset to manufacturer state... You are nice person, thank you for caring!...:) From forum not yet suggestions.. except Rush Lindsay's welcome message...:)
  7. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

If a factory reset doesn't fix your problem. It may be worth taking it to the store where you bought it and having it looked at/replaced. Since its still rather new you may have received a faulty device.

I try to be nice, glad I've succeeded! :D

DS
  8. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

Welcome

Id recommend returning the device
  9. Yakityak

Yakityak New Member

I have had my galaxy for about a month now and mine also randomly just shuts itself off and the only way to get it back on is to pull battery and put it back in. After that the power button magically works again and it may not do it again for a week or so??
  10. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Welcome to the forums Yakityak, glad to have you here :)

Have you tried performing a factory reset? This can sometimes fix issues like this, even though it does delete everything.

Hope this helps and thanks for joining!