• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new Samsung phone for Boost

You just got it a day ago and it's already rooted? Damn awesome.

I'm not sure if I'll be rooting this phone just yet though. At least not until there's a way to unroot it. Besides the Boost ID BS and a few other things, there's not as much bloatware on this thing, not even close, to what was on the Prevail.

Edit: Now I see that it hasn't been rooted yet! Fooled by shabby.

Ordered, prolly getting it Monday. Will be rooting it, Shabby. ;)

Upvote 0
If you upgrade to Tansform the $5 Android charge will apply to existing customers (Oct 6) where previous Prevail owners will be unaffected.

make sure you upgrade your handset with a rep and you will have to remind them that they should not change your plan. dont upgrade through automated....

thats what i had to do to stay on the same plan, but i do have to call back and get them to give me my on-time credits back (they reset it at $45 w/ no on-time payment, i needed one more to get to $40 a month but they reset it). they did that to me last time i changed from the blackberry to the prevail. just call them they will change it back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones