• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New screen, rubbish display, N9770.

dalmorepam

Lurker
Apr 2, 2014
Hi hope I'm asking this question in the right place.
I have a Star Note N9770 which had a smashed display - daughter knelt on it. The phone still appeared to work, though we couldn't see anything. I bought a "bricked" N9770 on ebay and used the display unit from that (it really was bricked - wouldn't turn on or charge) to replace the smashed unit.
We now have a display and everything appears to work and it charges. Except for the colours on the display - they are very pale/faint/washed out (hard to describe and I'm not allowed to post an image yet as a newbie). I've tried the brightness and contrast levels, factory reset, hard reset, etc, but it makes no difference.
Tbh, it reminds me of a driver issue in PCs - the colours and resolution don't look right. Is this possibly the problem? And is there a solution that anyone might know? It really was just a project - I like fixing things :) But to get this far and it not be perfect is frustrating.
Our original smashed phone, from where I got the motherboard was not rooted.
I'd be grateful for any suggestions

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones